Connecting to a Windows Share

majorsl

majorsl

Hi All,

I have Emby working well on my OS X server.  Almost all my content is hosted on it.

I have a Windows computer acting as a PVR and am having trouble adding it's share to Emby.

I have set the share to require no password whatsoever.  On the Mac, choosing Connect to Server, smb://10.0.1.201/Recordings comes right up and I can connect without issue and login as Guest (no PW prompt.)

I've tried adding it in Emby as:

smb://10.0.1.201/Recordings

//10.0.1.201/Recordings

\\10.0.1.201\Recordings

What combination am I missing?

hstamas

I could be completely wrong as I have struggled with mixed Microsoft/Apple networks for years but don't you need and ending slash in the above examples?

The issue is the mono runtime does not natively support smb. we're currently researching possible alternative solutions. the workaround in the meantime would be to mount the path locally in the OS and then use that as your library path.

majorsl

Okay, fair enough. Is Emby smart enough to deal with a path that is unavailable for whatever reason? I could see that a remote mount could be off-line/go off-line for any number of reasons while Emby is running.

Alternately, anyone know if the Homebrew cask for Emby is well maintained? Is it based on mono as well or is it a build of the linux version here (I assume that isn't mono based? I honestly haven't looked at it.)

homebrew cask? i wasn't even aware someone had added us to homebrew. i would just use our install.