Feature request: Endpoint to manually retrieve external subtitiles

Luke

Redshirt

The default media player starting in Android 4.1 can accept an external timed text file. Currently I believe only subrip (.srt) is supported, but the ability to insert the timed text file afterwards would mean I don't have to automatically transcode when a user selects a subtitle.

Cool. This might actually be useful to the roku too. It has built in subtitle support. So on files that should be direct play but get transcoded just to burn in subtitles, I could switch to this. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

No longer is it "what the URL will be"

it's working now :) Thanks Luke:

GET /mediabrowser/Videos/3baab1ff3848725de8ef68e7f227e524/Subtitle/2 HTTP/1.1

Host: 192.168.1.125:8096

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8

Accept-Language: en-us

Connection: keep-alive

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B511 Safari/9537.53

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Cache-Control: public

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-Encoding: deflate

ETag: 090966ea8c9e18ab7fa93bd9c634301a

Vary: Accept-Encoding

Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0

X-UA-Compatible: IE=Edge

X-Powered-By: ServiceStack/4.001 Win32NT/.NET

Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *

Access-Control-Allow-Methods: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, OPTIONS

Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Content-Type

Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 02:55:22 GMT

.}.........w.z#...[._.....Hs...N.<!..!A.{H.....7.#...7..8...D.G....3...D.....#y.*..../..y..{.E.?.."._......F...]t......./.?......R...u.h.x....>E.......ND.]..5..o.....0..sG........S.k.....Yx.....@..S}./...oC..........c;......h..c?G.v....1&>..q...e.a.E.......o....v.^.......n....M.ya..MU..y.n.,..?.7.....RD..;.".:...(......Ql.,]......d...2>DV..M.M.'._}h.............*K.o@h.-
....V..&.....5...q..7..m..y.....a..+.<M......=?..8t...0<..{.}.......v...U.{...6...$.S..M..nJy.)..36...7.m..8..?...H...J.cA.......5a.W@.@q..S?wBf..F%._...d..._.[t.=f.o ....ch'R..S....|.....w....{....aap.h....E...z..^Z...E..._.......n....{.g.&.:..W...L0.{K;r.S&..M..B."...1.......}?.........Y1.6qC...5.I..Q...y.#vj_....kG[....p.Y...>.b...e.0....=..8...;.#.8.B.v.G.G;....V..l....t.N..23.h{..NH..$4x.g.....M.P.<..i....h........xS?A..[b.56nD...[.).....o.H.=...z..8._2ub....j.....p..ZB?...b.%MS...Y.)i..B.{nw..~....~./$.I..B...v.....
.ef,.C.x.5........z,./.t...D.L(7j.\...+..hB...n......^$:cG.0.a
v.X......|...9M...5,
.8...6...?<..1..X.e.W+)..,.@\....;....H..#........Q;<.L.^v.h.n....V...W'.....i.>...~.i.......f.S...O...6^D.....T...=.{.)L......V...3..;......P....`Jb...x.....6.hEGz.v.g.....D...gB....\..{>....<F.:.W.Mf.....f..#Z...#*>q.N....D.^..k..x.2;.D........X.J..e...{...N..'./;. m..g.&..|..t....]....~...w.G..m.n./Y.gv6...s.2...n..E...n...4...

Now, how can I tell the server to only provide me .srt subtitle files? Is there a way to filter the getsubtitle call to only return a .srt?

Reason is because the client I'm attempting to build only supports .srt and my library has .idx/.sub in some folders also.

Edited by BC101