Latest Items empty

DoubleDD

Okay, then, Luke - the issue here must be that the parent ID doesn't translate when the folder isn't grouped.

pgriffith

Is your TV series folder set to group or not group on the server?

Took me awhile to find that setting, I assume you mean under My Views, in that case I do have TV and Movies both ticked there, also in the Latest Items section.

Cheers

I tested this with groupings and in the web app it was fine. We are probably doing something special for Emby WMC and I will have to confer with Ebr. So we're working on it. Thanks.

• Like 1

Sammy

I just came in here to report the same issue with the PlayOn Plugin on WMC only. Not sure where to post that.. Plugins or WMC threads?

datanet

I'm experiencing this issue as well (on Dev version).  No "Latest" items displayed for Libraries.  As someone else mentioned, if you press the up button (which selects the latest tab) you can see a list of items to the right that show as added on Monday, January 01, 0001.

I was able to get the latest list to populate by selecting "Show movie sub-views" and "Show TV sub-views" in Config > View Options and then restarting Emby...but I'd rather not have that option enabled just to see the latest items.

Sharing this additional info in hopes it will provide some clue as to what is causing the issue.

Also...

• Not using legacy browsing
  • Not using collections
  • "Show Movie Genres Folder" checked and Latest items show up fine when selecting "Movies by Genre" menu item.
  • When switching to Played and Unwatched on the tab, the list is populated properly.  Only missing for Latest.
Edited by datanet

Luke - I'm doing a recursive query using Parent ID because the logic surrounding the recent lists in WMC is very specialized.  Based on the reports of it working when using sub-views and not working when not, it looks like the Parent ID for the straight folder isn't meshing up with the one with the user view.

rmarcuse

My unwatched tab on WMC creates the right items.  When I switch to latest it scrools. a list on the right where the EHS icon for that section goes. It doesn't work in a ny section (latest).  I've rechecked my system date and it is correct

soundsnake8

This used to work great ! Now all of a sudden too many hoops to jump through just to watch a movie.

AdrianW

This used to work great ! Now all of a sudden too many hoops to jump through just to watch a movie.

Huh? EMC still works great. What do you mean by "too many hoops"? The only thing not working at the moment is the "Latest" list on the EHS - everything else works just like it always did.

If you switch to "Unwatched" instead of "Latest" you'll get almost the same view anyway.

leungalv

I came here to report that I am having the same issue on Emby for WMC 3.0.299.  

It happened (maybe coincidentally) after I moved the TV shows over to a new drive, so I did a fresh install of both the server and WMC

It is affecting Movies and TV alike.

soundsnake8

Huh? EMC still works great. What do you mean by "too many hoops"? The only thing not working at the moment is the "Latest" list on the EHS - everything else works just like it always did.

If you switch to "Unwatched" instead of "Latest" you'll get almost the same view anyway.

Using that logic we should just do away with "latest" and while we are at it do away with plugin catalog it just crashes EMC and almost all of the plugin themes are leftovers from the old media browser 2.6 and earlier that don't work all that well anyway ! The Emby team seems to be scattered in too many directions nothing ever seems to get completed Beta updates have been going on for years, never a final product !

AdrianW

Using that logic we should just do away with "latest" and while we are at it do away with plugin catalog it just crashes EMC and almost all of the plugin themes are leftovers from the old media browser 2.6 and earlier that don't work all that well anyway ! The Emby team seems to be scattered in too many directions nothing ever seems to get completed Beta updates have been going on for years, never a final product !

I was directly addressing your statement: "Now all of a sudden too many hoops to jump through just to watch a movie" - as the only thing "all of a sudden" is that "Latest" is not working (I'm sure that'll be fixed when the devs have figured out a solution). All I did was give you a temporary work around (using "Unwatched") - certainly not Hoops.

Steveo369

I'm experiencing this issue as well (on Dev version).  No "Latest" items displayed for Libraries.  As someone else mentioned, if you press the up button (which selects the latest tab) you can see a list of items to the right that show as added on Monday, January 01, 0001.

I was able to get the latest list to populate by selecting "Show movie sub-views" and "Show TV sub-views" in Config > View Options and then restarting Emby...but I'd rather not have that option enabled just to see the latest items.

Sharing this additional info in hopes it will provide some clue as to what is causing the issue.

Also...

• Not using legacy browsing
  • Not using collections
  • "Show Movie Genres Folder" checked and Latest items show up fine when selecting "Movies by Genre" menu item.
  • When switching to Played and Unwatched on the tab, the list is populated properly.  Only missing for Latest.

I can confirm the behavior that datanet reports.  Toggling the "Show movie sub-views" or "Show tv sub-views" in the View Options/Top Level Views and restarting emby makes the Latest Item covers appear/disappear from the EHS.  Problem replicated on two clean-install versions of EMC.

I picked the wrong week to do a full reinstall of emby...  Between this and the Trailers plug-in not working after a full server reinstall and 2x client reinstalls (working fine prior, I was just cleaning up old MB2/MB3 and 'starting fresh', I thought I was going nuts.

Would love to see the emby team word toward a fix for this, and appreciate their efforts greatly.  I am sure that WMC is a relatively decrepit old ecosystem to develop and modify code in.  

Thanks dev team!

tdwilli1

I was directly addressing your statement: "Now all of a sudden too many hoops to jump through just to watch a movie" - as the only thing "all of a sudden" is that "Latest" is not working (I'm sure that'll be fixed when the devs have figured out a solution). All I did was give you a temporary work around (using "Unwatched") - certainly not Hoops.

I'm also having this issue and also very slow getting into TV series. It's been well over a week with no progress. Is there at least a previous version you guys could post up so we could get this working until the fix is found?

DoubleDD

Just did a quick test on one client with Server Version 3.0.5928.0 and it's looking good so far.

Will do a more thorough check tonight.

Thanks Luke and EBR for taking care of this

• Like 1

Steveo369

See if the beta server resolves it.

Just did a quick test using Server 3.0.5928.0 and EMC 3.0.302.0.  

Latest Items appear in Movies and TV without Sub-view options selected (working as expected).  Trailers plug in still shows as completely empty in EMC, but Trailers appear and play from webclient (Chrome) and iOS app v1.1.4.

Thanks very much for working on this.  Hopefully the Trailers will comeback online in EMC as well.

Cheers

Steveo

Edited by Steveo369

infinitereality

Same problem here, will try the beta out tonight and report back.  Thank you!

Edited by infinitereality