Latest Items empty

DoubleDD

201reyes

Just did a quick test on one client with Server Version 3.0.5928.0 and it's looking good so far.

Will do a more thorough check tonight.

Thanks Luke and EBR for taking care of this

I confirm that Server 3.0.5928.0 (beta) solves the issue with 'Latest' being empty.  No other issues at this moment.

pgriffith

SO glad this is working again, hugs n kisses to all the devs !

Warning... big hairy man here  :)

infinitereality

Is everyone just downloading the server file off of the main site or is there a way to get a specific beta version?

blumamba

the only section I have that has "latest" is my "Kids" section.  No other section, they are all blank.  This started approximately 2-3 builds ago.  Is there a fix I missed?

seanbuff

Hi All,

I can confirm that the newest server version fixed the 'Latest' items displaying (currently 3.0.5930.0)

However, I managed to break it again by adding a Sort Name to a couple of my library items to change their display order on the EHS.

57098079a8fc7_EmbySortName.png

For every entry that I added this to (not all of them) - this caused their 'Latest Items' to again become blank. All the other ones remained that did not have a Sort Name added.

Could there be a link here somehow? @@Luke @@ebr

Please note, simply removing the Sort Name does not restore the 'Latest Items' again

Thanks

Off the top of my head, I don't know, and i'd rather just take away the sort name field from that editing screen because we have the friendlier method of up/down arrows in user preferences to re-order the top level sections.

Happy2Play

Off the top of my head, I don't know, and i'd rather just take away the sort name field from that editing screen because we have the friendlier method of up/down arrows in user preferences to re-order the top level sections.

OT - How would you change the order on Metadata Manager Folder order then?

Edited by Happy2Play

change the display order inside the metadata manager? if that's what you mean, then you wouldn't.

Happy2Play

OT - Correct, it currently honors sort name.  So if sort name field is removed this will go back to A to Z?

57098b4357afe_order.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

karldonteljames

Hi,

I'm running WMC version 3.0.302 and server version 3.0.5938.25576, if I am using "legacy browsing" latest media is blank, but if disable legacy browsing and enable tv/movie sub views the latest media appears. This only seems to affect WMC, The web browser is showing the latest media without a problem. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thank you!

karldonteljames

I think I've sorted it, I changed some options in the server, and the latest media started to appear. on two of my collections (stand up and childrens films) there is a blank folder (in the latest items view0 with the same name as the top level (i.e children's films) when this is selected it enters as if it was selected normally.

Thanks

overClocked!

It should already be fixed in the current beta of the server.

The release notes for Server version 3.0.5913.0 state:

"Fix latest items in Emby for windows media center"

Did the same fix that resolved this problem in the beta Server version 3.0.5928.0 make it into the stable release track Version 3.0.5913.0 that is still many versions behind the beta?

I updated to stable version 3.0.5913.0 which triggered an update to the latest EMC stable version 3.0.302.0 and it still doesn't work for me.  I'm only seeing 1 latest item for TV type library folders in EMC and I have added many.  Works just fine in web client and iOS.

I also noticed an increased lag time upon launch of EMC.  Much longer to connect and respond than the last version.  I thought maybe I need to allow all the maintenance tasks to run at least once after the update, so I'll check it again when I get home.

I updated to stable version 3.0.5913.0 which triggered an update to the latest EMC stable version 3.0.302.0 and it still doesn't work for me.  I'm only seeing 1 latest item for TV type library folders in EMC and I have added many.  Works just fine in web client and iOS.

If you are seeing anything in your latest list then you are not seeing this problem.

What, exactly, is that item?