Direct Play Support for FLAC on Yamaha AVR

rickster53

rickster53

I have a new Yamaha AVR Model RX-A2050 that supports direct streaming of flac files.  Since there was no specific DLNA profile for Yamaha and I would always see "no match--- using default profile" in the log, I created a custom profile by editing the Denon AVR profile.  The resulting attached profile titled Yamaha AVR was created.  Emby now recognizes this profile and matches it at startup, per the log.  However, it continues to transcode my FLAC music to MP3 (transcode log attached).  Hoping someone can provide guidance to allow the AVR to do the decoding instead of Emby.  Thanks

server-63593982526.txt

Yamaha AVR.xml

transcode-694b371a-f8c0-4faf-be5d-00f629bdd60e.txt

Happy2Play

Because your profile isn't being used.

2016-03-19 11:10:38.1517 Info UpnpContentDirectory: Profile: Generic Device, No direct play profiles found for Path: \\localhost\d$\Users\user\My Music\Adele\25\1 Hello.flac

2016-03-19 11:10:38.2517 Debug Dlna: No matching device profile via headers found. The default will be used.

rickster53

Because your profile isn't being used.

2016-03-19 11:10:38.1517 Info UpnpContentDirectory: Profile: Generic Device, No direct play profiles found for Path: \\localhost\d$\Users\user\My Music\Adele\25\1 Hello.flac

2016-03-19 11:10:38.2517 Debug Dlna: No matching device profile via headers found. The default will be used.

But in the server log it says:

2016-03-19 11:09:04.3215 Debug Dlna: Found matching device profile: Yamaha AVR

2016-03-19 11:09:04.3515 Info Dlna: DLNA Session created for RX-A2050 D0DFCE - RX-A2050

2016-03-19 11:09:05.3515 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager POST: http://192.168.1.130:49154/AVTransport/ctrl

Perhaps it's not checking the DLNA/User profile folder where Yamaha AVR resides? 

Edited by rickster53

Happy2Play

I saw that also but when you play something it is not using the custom profile.  @@Luke will have to reply but it look like if the header isn't found it is using default profile

Maybe try adding a http header, try one or both.

<Headers>

<HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="Network_Module" match="Substring" />
      <HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="(RX-A2050)" match="Substring" />
</Headers>

Looks like your log list User-Agent two ways so you may have to try both.

User-agent: Network_Module/1.0 (RX-A2050) UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50

UserAgent: Network_Module/1.0 (RX-A2050) UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50

Edited by Happy2Play

rickster53

Happy2Play...  Thanks for looking into this for me.   I tried adding both of the following to the Yamaha AVR DLNA profile...

<Headers>
      <HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="(RX-A2050)" match="Substring" />
< /Headers>

and then I tried...

<Headers>
      <HttpHeaderInfo name="UserAgent" value="(RX-A2050)" match="Substring" />
< /Headers>

Neither affected transcoding as Emby continued to convert the flac to mp3.  Did I get the strings you were suggesting right?

rickster53

I've tried several changes to the Yamaha profile but I'm still not having any success getting Emby to direct play flac files.  Can someone provide the criteria that Emby uses to "match" a profile to the device since it appears as though Emby is not matching the profile I created?  I know there's a DENON profile that Emby has provided.  Are there any Denon ownsers that have gotten Emby to direct play flac and if so, did you have to modify the DLNA profile.  Appreciate any assistance that could be provided!

rickster53

So after quite a bit of trial and error and taking the lead from what Happy2Play suggested, I have managed to get my Yamaha AVR RX-A2050 to direct play FLAC from Emby.   I have attached the version of the DLNA profile that I am currently using for anyone that may want it or for inclusion by Emby with its other "standard profiles" . 

This series of Yamaha receiver has 3 models: RX-A1050, RX-A2050 and RX-A3050.  I think it's safe to say that if the UserAgent section of the profile is modified for the model in question, that this profile should work for any of those 3 models, as well as perhaps other Yamaha Receivers.

Yamaha AVR.xml

Edited by rickster53
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
miles267

Thanks for posting this.  I recently got an RX-A2050 AVR and have been trying to figure out how to play from a DLNA server.  I run Plex Media Server on a Windows Server for my iOS and TiVo clients.  However when I go into the RX-A2050, and select the NETWORK sources, I am unable to access the Plex DLNA server from the AVR.

I've since installed Emby Server on my Windows Server, made a firewall exception, forwarded the appropriate ports and installed your Yamaha AVR XML profile.

However I am unable to see or access any content from the AVR.  It simply shows "No Content"  I've tried restarting the AVR a few times w/o success.

I must be overlooking something obvious, but am new to this Yamaha AVR.  My intent is to access my FLAC library shared in Emby with the Yamaha AVR.

Thanks!

Thanks for posting this.  I recently got an RX-A2050 AVR and have been trying to figure out how to play from a DLNA server.  I run Plex Media Server on a Windows Server for my iOS and TiVo clients.  However when I go into the RX-A2050, and select the NETWORK sources, I am unable to access the Plex DLNA server from the AVR.

I've since installed Emby Server on my Windows Server, made a firewall exception, forwarded the appropriate ports and installed your Yamaha AVR XML profile.

However I am unable to see or access any content from the AVR.  It simply shows "No Content"  I've tried restarting the AVR a few times w/o success.

I must be overlooking something obvious, but am new to this Yamaha AVR.  My intent is to access my FLAC library shared in Emby with the Yamaha AVR.

Thanks!

Hi, welcome. Can you perform a test using the xml profile attached in post #7. Drop it into your server's program data /config/dlna/user folder. see if that helps. thanks.