AFTV Enhancement Request: Home Button

Tanamur

Tanamur

Hi Forum/Devs - Thanks again for the fantastic app on Amazon FireTV and the product in general. One of the most appealing features of Emby for me is the inclusion of actors & cast linked for both movies and TV. 

When I am watching a film and trying to place an actor it is a great feature to be able to click on that actor and find both the film and TV-ography for that person (please don't ever get rid of this). However, when I go wandering  through actors and drill down to other work, then look at another and another, the breadcrumb trail home can be quite long.

Please consider adding a back to Home screen or Back to TV Library / Movie Library button to eliminate the same path back to where I started. Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yeah, "go to" buttons are a good idea. The "go to home" button collapses the screen stack back to the home screen. This is a good idea and works very well on the roku.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The only issue is how to implement such a thing in this type of interface where we have no buttons on the remote and no consistent toolbar or anything in all the screens.

CBers

Could you not put a home button to the top right of all pages?

Easy to suggest I know ;)

Tanamur

Well my TV thinking was to expand the options in the buttons there for the episode view. There is already a go to Season or Show/Series (sorry away from interface just now). There are already some pop up menus on the AFTV for things like Play, add to que, etc. in music. Could this be expanded? I am not familiar with straight Android boxes and  not sure if remote control would support the same as Amazon FTV.