Using SPMC on SATV

Pelon

Pelon

I'm currently running Emby on top of the new SPMC client that as of now looks like it is going to be the future of Kodi on Android.

So far it is running great, it can handle all audio passthrough and it even shows recommendations on the main screen.

I also like that it is a way to have two different kodi apps installed that can have different configurations and add-ons

System" screensaver to enable daydream; all other screensavers disable daydream

Get removable storage names from system

Basic Bluray 3D iso playback (experimental; amlogic)

Android TV recommendations and voice search (experimental)

http://spmc.semperpax.com/

Tranquil

Its so sad what is happening with KODI4Android atm.

Hope they will find another android maintainer soon. I would love to stay with the original KODI one.

Nazgulled

@@Pelon Do you have the Emby addon working with the latest (16.1.2) SPMC? Because I can't get it to work... I got a popup stating that the "Kodi" version is not supported. How did you manage to get it working?

xnappo

Looks like the forking has begun.  It is using some experimental database:

18:21:12 T:1393244464  NOTICE: Running database version ShieldMusic56
18:21:12 T:1393244464  NOTICE: Running database version ShieldMovies99

Maybe this is optional?

Nazgulled

So there's nothing that I can do?

I actually just noticed that my movies/tv shows are now displayed on SPMC but when launching SPMC and after Emby makes a successful login/sync, I get an error (not sure if that's on the log I posted).

Nazgulled

Looks like the forking has begun.  It is using some experimental database:

18:21:12 T:1393244464  NOTICE: Running database version ShieldMusic56
18:21:12 T:1393244464  NOTICE: Running database version ShieldMovies99

Maybe this is optional?

For the record, those are only named "Shield*" because I have some options on advancedsettings.xml (I just realized that yesterday), I was using a centralized database with mysql and to avoid possible table clashing in the future, I renamed those to Shield* instead of My*. In other words, the current SPMC fork uses the same database structure as Kodi and the databases have the same version numbers. No need to worry just yet :)

• Like 1

xnappo

Phew - good! That makes more sense - I was surprised he had the bandwidth to mess with the DB.

So it is working for you now?

xnappo

Nazgulled

Yes, but that was not the issue, I had other problems. The issue and the fix is described in that other thread.

Thanks.