How do I group movies in to collections?

ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun

Emby Server Version  3.0.5.5882.0

Kodi Version 16.0

How do I enable movie collections? I have gone through the menu a couple times already and cant find the option. I have created collections, and I have enabled it in Kodi but it does not show the collections.

I found an image showing that you need to enable it in the server, but like I said cant find where it is..

553d91fa3d0ec_Groupmoviesintocollections

ThaDraGun

In Kodi settings > video > Group movies into sets. Do you have that setting enabled?

Yes it is enabled in Kodi

Angelblue05

It should show the collections. Maybe run a manual sync to be sure? Did you create the collections before syncing your content to Kodi?

ThaDraGun

Ok, I found them. Maybe they changed something in the new version of Kodi. 

Before using emby and with an older kodi I could just go into movies section and the collection sets would be listed within my movies. 

Now the only way to see the sets is if I go into my movie library, then press the back at the top of the list and then it breaks it down. (genres, title, year ect)

In that menu list is sets. I go to sets and there they are.

Doesnt matter what skin I use they are all the same. 

Is this how its supposed to be?

Angelblue05

I don't understand why it's so complicated for you? Just use your emby movie views shortcut (you can find them by either launching the emby add-on or under Videos - they will have the emby icon). Your collections should show as part of your movie sections.

This is my emby Movies shortcut. Collections and invidivual movies show in the same view.

56edbc0be4791_collections.png

Edited by Angelblue05

ThaDraGun

I don't understand why it's so complicated for you? Just use your emby movie views shortcut (you can find them by either launching the emby add-on or under Videos - they will have the emby icon). Your collections should show as part of your movie sections.

This is my emby Movies shortcut. Collections and invidivual movies show in the same view.

56edbc0be4791_collections.png

Yes that is how it should be and that's how it was before. I set the correct path shortcut, all my setting are correct it just wasnt working correctly for some reason.

After uninstalling Kodi and starting all over it now works correctly. The collections now show up with all the other movies.