Subdued MBC : Back button does not work properly

jwill

I noticed that in many of the Subdued MBC menus, the back button (i.e., previous menu button) does not work properly. For example, if I am looking at the cast list for a movie and I click on one of the actors, then hit [back], it does not return me to the cast list. There are other examples, but rather than listing them all, I think this may be a known bug since I saw this:

Things still not working properly
Focus returning to last item

on the Subdued theme description page.

Is the issue I described above what "focus returning to the last item" refers to?

Are there any plans to fix this?

Its a tricky one but i keep meaning to get round to it.

Does Subdued MBC handle the 'back' function differently than other MBC themes? I don't recall seeing this issue with other MBC themes...

Cheesegeezer

Does Subdued MBC handle the 'back' function differently than other MBC themes? I don't recall seeing this issue with other MBC themes...

Nope its just a focusing issue, which i really need to implement more stricter rules regarding it for this theme.

Unfortunately i'm away on business and wont really get a chance to look at it until around the 7th Jan. please bear with me and thanks for your patience.

Nope its just a focusing issue, which i really need to implement more stricter rules regarding it for this theme.

Unfortunately i'm away on business and wont really get a chance to look at it until around the 7th Jan. please bear with me and thanks for your patience.

Okay. I did not mean to rush you. I was just confused whether we were talking about the same bug, and whether it was a sort of open-ended thing (nobody really knows how to fix it) or whether it just required some time to fix.

Now that you have clarified it, I just wanted to mention that if I have any vote, priority-wise I think this bug should be pretty high, since it occurs in multiple places throughout the Subdued MBC theme. Certainly I vote that whatever limited time you have to work on Subdued, that you prioritize that bug fix over the new feature that I requested (the search box). I have had several comments/complaints from other users of my HTPC about the back button not working, but only one complaint about not being able to do a search.  :)

Edited by jwill