Cannot start Emby after update

Peter Nent

Peter Nent

As a longterm Premium Emby/MediaBrowser user, I'm facing a problem starting Emby since yesterday:

• Emby starts as a service, but after approx. 30-60 seconds, it ends with error message: 'Unhandled exception: Configuration with key autoorganize not found'.

After reading/searching this forum for a few hours (....), I suspect that there is a database inconsistency, but I don't know if this is true and how to solve this....HELP !

Configuration:

• Windows Server 2012R2 DC
  • Xeon CPU, 16GB RAM, Asus motherboard
  • Emby version: the problem started with Emby 3.0.5882, also updating to 3.0.5903 didn't solve it....
  • Emby db size: approx. 400MB (....), data is stored on 5 HDD, Emby caching/transcoding/etc. in a seperate SSD.
  • Emby program+database+etc. in: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
  • Live-TV through DVB-Logic plug-in (which was updated recently....)
  • Clients: MCE-classic within MCE-win7, Kodi and Emby in Samsung smart-TV

Thanks in advance for your help!

Grtz, Peter

server-63593697843.txt

server-63593699892.txt

server-63593712633.txt

unhandled_2d4cbdd8-8baa-4195-9ea3-553ace2eebac.txt

unhandled_4ff9df31-b15f-45ea-ba4b-2b4b26526a8d.txt

unhandled_fd5557a7-aa05-40f5-bee6-d333d27e48b5.txt

Edited by PeterNent

Hi, try removing all plugins and see if that resolves the issue. If not, then try reinstalling from the website on top of your current installation. Thanks.

Peter Nent

Dear Luke,

Many thanks for your reply, I'm going to try it: I'll keep in touch with you & inform you the results!

Thnx, Peter

Peter Nent

Dear Luke,

Both didn't solve this problem:

• Uninstalling the plug-in's
  • Reinstalling Emby Server

Thus I had to Restore a recent back-up and afterwards update to Emby 3.0.5882.0 and DVBlink 1.1.5.0 plug-in, everything seems to be working well again, although the media library scan is still running.....

IDEA: please implement a database recovery tool and/or instructions + documentation in order to recover a damaged Emby database, as I recognize that more Emby users are facing database corruption problems sometimes...... 

Many thnx for your GREAT efforts & good support,

Regards,

Peter

P.S.: problem solved = case closed !?

Edited by PeterNent

• 2 weeks later...
Betelgeuse

I have the same issue - is there a step-by-step guide how to fix?

I get the message "Unhandled exception: One or more errors occured."

Tried to do a new installation over the old - same result.

The suggestion of uninstalling add-ons ... are they not installed/uninstalled from the admin interface? And that I cannot start ...

When trying to start I also get the message to update from ... /mediabrowser/dashboard/dashboard.html to ... /emby/web/dashboard.html, and it cannot connect to that

When I look into "Uninstall or change a program" I have BOTH Emby Server (2016-03-28) AND Media Browser Server (2015-04-28) installed. (Install date in parenthesis). Could that be the issue? Seems the new install did not clear up the old maybe?

Edited by Betelgeuse

Happy2Play

I have the same issue - is there a step-by-step guide how to fix?

I get the message "Unhandled exception: One or more errors occured."

Tried to do a new installation over the old - same result.

The suggestion of uninstalling add-ons ... are they not installed/uninstalled from the admin interface? And that I cannot start ...

When trying to start I also get the message to update from ... /mediabrowser/dashboard/dashboard.html to ... /emby/web/dashboard.html, and it cannot connect to that

When I look into "Uninstall or change a program" I have BOTH Emby Server (2016-03-28) AND Media Browser Server (2015-04-28) installed. (Install date in parenthesis). Couild that be the issue? Seems the new install did not clear up the old maybe?

@@Betelgeuse, You need to post your log file and the Unhandled exception log. to determine the exact issue.

Good day,

Simply rename the dll files at the plugins folder, example:

CoverArt.dll to CoverArt.dll_tmp

Then start the emby server.

My best

Betelgeuse

Good day,

Simply rename the dll files at the plugins folder, example:

CoverArt.dll to CoverArt.dll_tmp

Then start the emby server.

My best

Where are those dll's located?

Betelgeuse

Yay!!!  Found the dll's, renamed them and it seem to start!!!!

Super support!!!!

Edited by Betelgeuse
  • Like 1

Yay!!!  Found the dll's, renamed them and it seem to start!!!!

Super support!!!!

Good day,

Well done.

Now to trace the issue, rename back one dll file, then restart the emby server, if no problem, then rename other plugin dll's file one by one till you find the one with issue.

Also best to post the log about the problem here, so the dev's team can look to it.

My best