Direct Play wierd problem

cvika
Go to solution Solved by mellomade,

I install server on Win10, name is MEDIASERVER - local IP 192.168.1.13.

My test library have UNC path - \\Mediaserver\w\HDMovies2.

On other machines install Kodi 16 and latest emby plugin.

On machine where is Win10 OS (not server, IP 192.168.1.2) Direct Play working OK, but on Ubuntu not working at all - raise error on initial scan.

"Kodi can't locate file W:\HDMovies2\..." (yes/no) - if hit yes, library is visible in Kodi but not working, if hit no - no library at all.

My password.xml is same on both machines (Win10 and Ubuntu) (same user, and same password). I test smb share form Ubuntu machine and working ok - create source smb://MEDIASERVER/W/ and I can browse folders and play movies from HDMovies2 folder.

I play with path substitution and no luck :(

What I can do more (or where I mistake) to enable Direct Play with Ubuntu?

mellomade

If the direct path to your movies is W:\HDMovies2 then your UNC path should be \\MEDIASERVER\HDMovies2 - just remove the \w from your path above.

If the direct path to your movies is W:\HDMovies2 then your UNC path should be \\MEDIASERVER\HDMovies2 - just remove the \w from your path above.

Thank you, I try but not working - path not exist. Again, Kodi on another Win10 machine work OK with \\Mediaserver\w\HDMovies2 path.

Edit: W:\ is shared on server machine (and all files and folders on disk)

Edited by cvika

• Solution
mellomade

If W:\ is fully shared - and 'HDMovies2' is located in the root of that drive (and not nested in a folder 'w') then I don't understand how you have this working because the paths would not match.  Is there something I am missing?

Maybe try making sure the path name is correctly match case.  Or I would suggest using the IP address to the server rather than the server name.  I have had issues on my systems resolving share names from Windows servers in Linux.

• Like 1

IP address work OK - finally :)

Now new problem - trakt not working - movies sync OK, shows nothing :(

EDIT: After last beta update (Version 3.0.5903.0) working again!

Edited by cvika