Apple Watch Companion App

dcrdev

dcrdev

I recently got an Apple Watch and I noticed that natively it has support for controlling remote iTunes instances.

I was thinking it would be great if the Emby iOS app had a companion watch app that allowed for basic controller functionality.

Probably won't be at the top of your priority list, but it would freakin cool.

• Like 3

I think it would be great too, I just don't know how big the market for it is right now. What kinds of things would you want to do from the watch? Let us know.

dcrdev

I think all I'd want to do is be able to control what's playing i.e. play, pause, next/previous track and to see what's playing; maybe an option to choose which device to play to.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
kingy444

Just bringing this old thread back to life. Be great to be able to connect to any device in the household to control media playback.

I mean with such a small device it could be difficult to build an interface to browse media etc. Perhaps something more text based?

But really the big thing would be able to pause something quickly when getting pulled away etc.

Quick rewind if you miss something would be good too, just the convenience of having it on your wrist really

• Like 1

kingy444

So you just want to be able to control existing sessions?

well happy for you to expand that further - but the watch is rather small for full media control - could be cool to leverage for local music playback maybe?

but i would look at just controlling existing sessions to start with. That would be a great addition and can expand later obviously.

• 2 years later...