Automation for Library Setup Folders & Paths - Need Help

RoleMage

RoleMage

I'm new to the forum.. So if I say or ask something that may seem (ignorant) you will have to excuse me.

On point ... I'm running Emby on Windows 7 with Kodi Jarvis.  

Ultimately all I want to achieve is Emby automatically pulling the entire Kodi Library so that it can be used in various ways and on other devices.

MY PROBLEM, however, I'm not sure what correct folders and pathways are supposed to be for Kodi and emby to do that.

I do not have any external drives or downloaded "movies or music" - I only stream content from Kodi. So the importance from a user standpoint and making sure its in my "movies" folder because I have 10 tb of video, DOES not apply to me.

That being said, does someone have the basic library paths for kodi to be used inside emby or can someone help me set it up?

Again, I have no movies or anything anywhere. Only inside Kodi do I have the streaming content.

Feeling a little lost and little frustrated. Up onto this point I have spent 2 days straight now trying to figure this out. 

Can I just say "Venting here" - I VERY MUCH DISLIKE AND HATE "ROKU" the limited functionality or how about no functionality for KODI makes me want to take my 55" inch LED Roku TCL HDTV and toss in my yard and take a baseball bat to it!  :angry:

I'm done venting, now.  :D

So, anyone who can make this super easy setting up these paths and libraries, that would be great!

Also, I have Premiere account - if the functionality works flawlessly after being setup .. I'm definitely in for an Annual or Lifetime membership!

Vidman

Emby is probably not the best solution for you if you only stream all of your content from different online services

.emby doesn't pull from kodi. ..kodi pulls from emby ( if using the emby for kodi addon).

What streaming addons are you talking about?

Edited by Vidman

RoleMage

Emby is probably not the best solution for you if you only stream all of your content from different online services
.emby doesn't pull from kodi. ..kodi pulls from emby ( if using the emby for kodi addon).
What streaming addons are you talking about?

That must be why it is so hard to find an answer or a solution to my problem.

Why cant there be a mediaserver out there that actually pulls from kodi. It's essentially what emby is designed to do, but just in the reverse nature.

I thought the whole point of having a wonderful media server like EMBY is because it can transcode and allow content from any library to be streamed / pushed to various devices.

All of the good Kodi video addons - 1Channel, IceFilms, Pseudo, Live TV, etc, etc, etc, ...

That was really bad news you just gave me because that was the only reason I even decided to go with EMBY - so now I'm back where I started with not being able to use Kodi with mediaserver to stream to ROKU Emby app.

D*MNIT! :angry:

Edited by RoleMage

RoleMage

Hmmm yea why can't there be an easier way to access and share illegal content......

I dont need your smart a** remarks "Vidman"

I could just use an external media player to use Kodi on my TV, however, I don't really want a visual box sitting on the mantle.

Would much rather have it seamlessly pushed over home network.

RoleMage

I could have just lied and made up another reason as to why I want Kodi library. Could I just pull each source URL from Kodi addons into emby and use it that way, 99% sure I could. But too much work to do so.

And I'm sure you don't want your little server that's already pretty slow, to be bogged down with streaming content from all its users on Emby server. So I can see that this info would not be voluntary.

If you need some seriously screaming servers, let me know and we can get Emby in the fast lane to avoid crashing servers

Vidman

Yea you could of just lied, so you'd be a thief and a liar. As for the rest I have no idea what you are talking about.... And I'm not sure you do either

dcrdev

Ignoring the whole issue of illegal addons...

What you're trying to do makes no sense to me. Emby is a media server, Kodi is a media player - not the other way round.

The video content your consuming via Kodi is streamed to you anyway via 3rd party streaming servers. Why would you not just invest like $50 and buy a Fire TV stick or something and load Kodi onto that?

Edited by dcrdev

AvengersFan

Sounds to me like you want Kodi to feed Emby your streams, Emby to transcode it and then send it back to kodi. This dosent sound very efficient or in fact what Emby was design for.

Emby does transcode and allow content from any Emby based server Library setup to be streamed / pushed / transcoded and sent to various devices, but this is achieved from the EMBY server based model. 

I think you may have to keep looking for a KODI add-on perhaps, or some other media application that will temp store your KODI streams somewhere, and then start transcodeing them on the fly as that may address your needs. Not familiar with any to help in that area though.

Good luck.