Playback resume issue

tr0nllam

tr0nllam

Something that has happened semi-regularly ever since using Emby with Kodi on OpenELEC is that I will finish watching a TV episode and when I go to a new one, it resumes at the same point in time where I stopped the last one (usually the end of the episode) even though I've never watched the episode previously. I could be watching a completely different TV show and then all of a sudden it resumes (without asking) right near the end of the episode.

Anyone have the same issue or know of a fix?

tr0nllam

if you are not already try switching to direct playback and see if that helps.

I am already using that, but thanks for the suggestion.

Angelblue05

Post your kodi log. Set the emby addon log level to info. No kodi debug. Repeat to capture the issue, post your Kodi log, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tr0nllam

I've attached a log for the most recent occurrence. I finished an episode of Survivor and then began an episode of Marvel's Agents of Shield, which is what caused it to resume rather than start from the beginning.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

That is very strange. The add-on grabs the current position from Kodi. I will look into this.

tr0nllam

@@tr0nllam

Can you give this build a try, then restart Kodi? Let me know if it helps any. Thanks.

I tried using this build, but I still was able to reproduce the same issue.

Angelblue05

Ok. I'm not sure why this is happening. You are using direct paths, therefore the add-on does not control what happens at playback. It simply grabs the info of the item playing and reports it to emby. There is only one line that forces the content to skip to the resume point and that's when you send a play command to Kodi and the content has a resume point. According to your logs, this was not the case. All I see, for whatever reason Kodi doing a seek. Could it be caused by your advanced settings? You could always try to do a reset of your local database to see if this helps.

04:16:07 T:140064168335104  NOTICE: EMBY Player -> ADDING_FILE: {"smb://BUFFY/TV Shows 3/Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D/Season 03/Marvel's.Agents.Of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S03E12.The.Inside.Man.720p.WEB-DL.DD.5.1.x264.mkv": {'refresh_id': '8cfcbf83fee9046a0dbb4ea6221186e0', 'AudioStreamIndex': 1, 'SubtitleStreamIndex': '', 'currentPosition': 2568, 'item_id': '5eb5e2ef91dfa73d9e4d68b63f09cfbb', 'currentfile': "smb://BUFFY/TV Shows 3/Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D/Season 03/Marvel's.Agents.Of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S03E12.The.Inside.Man.720p.WEB-DL.DD.5.1.x264.mkv", 'runtime': 25818710000, 'Type': 'Episode', 'playmethod': 'DirectPlay'}}
04:16:07 T:140064168335104  NOTICE: EMBY KodiMonitor -> Method: Player.OnSeek Data: {"item":{"id":10454,"type":"episode"},"player":{"playerid":1,"seekoffset":{"hours":0,"milliseconds":728,"minutes":42,"seconds":46},"speed":1,"time":{"hours":0,"milliseconds":138,"minutes":42,"seconds":48}}} <--- This is just a monitor, something sent this action to the player but it wasn't emby.