TV shows and content restriction with tags

DrCornelius

DrCornelius

I have a guest account which I want to block some TV shows with tags ("Parental Control/Block contents with tags"), when I do so, the user can't see the show on "TV Shows/Shows" tab, but the same user can see episodes from the restricted ones on "Home/Latest Media", "TV Shows/Latest Episodes" and "TV Shows/Upcoming" and if he clicks on one of those episodes, he can see all seasons and episodes.

It happens on "app.emby.media", "tv.emby.media" and iOS. On my Android TV it seems normal...

I have the server's last version (3.0.5882.0), but it was the same before this one... Actually, I think this started on the database refactor version.

I don't have the same issue with movies...

• 1 month later...
dethknite

Hi, looking into it, thanks.

Do you need further logs or anything?  This nasty bug is allowing my children to view things that are rated TV-14 (movies work fine).

• 4 weeks later...
dethknite

I just wanted to post a quick note to say thanks so much for addressing this issue quickly--all is working well...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Magic815

New user to Emby here. It seems like I'm noticing this issue still with TV shows. I've made a guest account that will block all media with a certain tag, which works in the Movies and TV Shows lists. However, the "Latest Media" section on the home page contains one of the shows that has that tag, and the guest user can click it and then watch all the episodes. I'm running 3.0.6000.

New user to Emby here. It seems like I'm noticing this issue still with TV shows. I've made a guest account that will block all media with a certain tag, which works in the Movies and TV Shows lists. However, the "Latest Media" section on the home page contains one of the shows that has that tag, and the guest user can click it and then watch all the episodes. I'm running 3.0.6000.

Hi, this shouldn't be an issue anymore. I'll do some testing, thanks.

Magic815

Sounds good, thanks. If it helps, the tag in question was 'Anime.' I have a few Anime shows that I had on my machine, but didn't want accessible to the other users. One of them ended up just randomly being in "latest shows".

Edited by Magic815

• 1 month later...
Magic815

Luke - any news on solving this bug? I just encountered it again, so it is definitely still there. I'm running the latest Emby Server on Windows, and have all of my anime (TV shows and Movies) tagged with "Anime". I then made an account called "Family" for my brothers to use, but they don't care about Anime, so I have that account block all media with the tag "Anime".

This correctly removes the anime shows and movies from the TV Shows and Movies sections for them. However, on the main page for the "Family" login, there is a category called "Latest Media". Inside there are currently a couple anime shows I recently added in, and they are clickable to my brothers inside the "Family" account. Once clicked from "Latest Media", they are then able to reach the Anime show and movie pages and play them as if they had access rights.

Can this please get fixed? I have plans to make a child account that removes rated R content, but I need to know that it actually restricts it, and doesn't have an open loophole.

DancingMan

I have a similar issue (kind of) with Beta: v3.1.168.0 - I made a child account restricted to only showing Rated G movies.  But, I noticed earlier today that if I add a Rated R movie to a playlist shared with the child account, the child account can view the movie.

Magic815

Thanks, I've resolved this for the next release. You'll just need to run the regular library scan. Thanks.

Luke - I just tried using 3.0.7300, forced a library scan, and a server reset. However, the blocked tagged movies and TV shows are still showing up in the 'Latest' pages for the users who are supposed to have the content blocked. Thoughts?

Edited by Magic815

It's in the next release, sorry, it was not included in 3.0.7300 because that was intended to be a very small release with hand-picked fixes. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Magic815

Luke - it looks like it's working now. (Although I'll keep an eye on it when I add new media that I want blocked on a child account). The only nit I see at the moment is that the TV thumbnail on the main page that shows four random shows, can still display a show that is blocked for that account. Thankfully once the user clicks the TV section, they can't actually reach the show, but I just wanted to point out that it's still visible in that one thumbnail. I imagine the same can happen with movies.

Magic815

On the home page, at the My Media section. The shows I'm pointing to are tagged with Anime, and are blocked on this Guest account:

http://imgur.com/a/UQlWm

They are now correctly being hidden when the user clicks on the TV section. I just wanted to mention you could still see them in the thumbnail. Just a minor detail, since they user can't watch them anymore.

Edited by Magic815

Ok yea those slice images are not done separately per user. Perhaps in the future that may change, but for now if it's a major issue then I would just customize your own desired image in there.