MBC crashes after playing anything

tp546

pixsoul

pixsoul - uninstall the Trakt plug-in and see if that solves your issue.

Thanks EBR, looks like it's the trakt plugin that is causing the issues!; at least for me. Also to confirm some other variables, I'm running Windows 8.1, WMC and MBC 3 plugin at latest release.

Mentasm, did this solve it for you also?

Redshirt

Done. Can you make the package admin not collapse after every delete :D

mattzane227

I have MBC installed on my sisters HTPC and have TotalMediaTheatre 3 as the external player for Bluray folders.  It had been working fine since as far back as MediaBrowser 2.  Now when you try to watch a movie from a Bluray folder and try to rewind or fastforward it will freeze up the entire computer.  I thought maybe her hard drive was going bad or something.

I have the same setup on my HTPC and have always been able to play Bluray folders fine though TMT3 as an external player but I was just watching a Battlestar Galactica Bluray disc and tried to fast forward and it gave me a BSOD.  I restarted and tried it again and it locked up and broke all sound and I had to restart to get it back.

If I open TMT3 directly instead of going through MBC I can rewind and fast forward perfectly.

externalplayerconfiguration_zps16a05231.

I attached some logs.

MBClassic-312014eb5947af38c84e1eb77688ce2ac62258.log

MBClassic-3120147b3fc332f49c4953af3bebc50f225fb5.log

Edited by mattzane227

We are not in control at all when this is happening so there is little chance we can do anything about it.  TMT3 is very old at this point and may be becoming incompatible with some newer drivers.  In my experience, BSOD is almost always caused by a hardware driver - usually the graphics card.

@@Redshirt I think you know about this.  We probably need to pull this from the catalog until you can get it fixed.

Has this issue been fixed now as Trakt plugin is still/back on the catalog?

• 2 weeks later...

I can answer that; it still crashes :)

You mean with the Trakt plug-in installed, right?  And it doesn't really crash, it just gives a blank blue screen?

Redshirt

It is until I or some one else fixes the trakt client.

You won't lose playback reporting.

Edited by Redshirt

• 2 months later...
bls_fanatic

Hello,

I know this tread is a little dated but I am experiencing a very similar issue.  Here is my current setup:

Primary server is running Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Browser Server 3.0.5192.19560.  The server is wired to the wireless router at GB. All the media files in the MB library are located on this server.

Playback computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 with Media Browser Classic 3.0.140.0 3-14.1 through Media Center with latest Shark codecs.  This is a basic install of Media Browser Classic.  Only plugin installed is chocolate theme.  The computer is connected to the network over wireless-N (150Mbps) and has no issue whatsoever accessing the network.

Every time I reach the end of a show (mostly in m4v format) MBC will freeze.  Either I hit stop and it comes back to the interface and will freeze when I start another show or it will freeze when I hit stop.  I only have a remote (no mouse or keyboard) so I have to reboot every time.  I can start and stop a show, go to the next one, start it, skip forward, stop it without any problem....  But if I get to the end of the show it will freeze.  I can even reproduce the problem by skipping ahead all the way to the end credits of a show...  Then if I hit stop or let it finish it will freeze.  There is never any problem during playback even though on wireless.  I have tried going back to classic theme, disabling backdrops but the problem is still there.  No error in the windows event logs.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
pixsoul

So, I re-installed the trakt plugin to see if this is still occurring...and it is. If I could contribute any coding talent to fix the problem I would (although have donated for some years to MB), but alas that is not my skillset... if the plugin has such an effect on MB, would it not make sense to remove it from being able to be installed at all until the bug is resolved?

Redshirt

The trakt-classic plugin has been pulled already. It's not available in the catalog to download. How did you re-install it? 

Regarding the problem. I actually think I know what was causing it. I've just been too pre-occupied with Android to go back and work on it.

pixsoul

Actually, I've installed the trakt plugin on the server from the plugins catalog. Is trakt-classic specific to MBC local client plugins? I'm talking about the trakt plugin under social in the MB3 server plugins catalog; this causes me the problem...I'm using a MBC client though.

There is no way the server plug-in could cause MBC to crash after playback.

Redshirt

We'd need to see both client & server logs to determine what is actually causing the issue. I agree with ebr that the server plugin should not be causing the crash. Although I suppose anything is possible.