Series Recording issue

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

I am trying to start using the Emby DVR again after sticking with the HDHomerun version for a while because it can use both my tuner devices (Prime and an Extend on the same network). I know Emby isn't there yet with having this feature but I haven't had an issue recently with more than 3 shows overlapping and I would prefer to stick with Emby.

However, I am seeing an issue I never had before when using the Emby DVR. It isn't scheduling series recordings any further out than the next showing, even though the EPG gives you the data for that second instance.

For example - I set up to Record the Series "Grimm". This airs on Friday night at 9:00pm est. Tonight's episode shows up just fine. However the episode for next Friday isn't showing up to be recorded. I checked my EPG data and it's showing there for next week.

Out of curiosity I checked a few other Series to see if it is doing the same thing and it's the same for them all. I was trying this originally on the Stable server version but I changed to Beta to see if anything would be different but it's doing the same thing. 

I am on Beta version 3.0.5901.0.

No problem found here. I've got over a dozen friends recordings scheduled. i just tested creating a new series recording to see if it might only affect new ones, but that was fine too, with Grimm.

jasonmcroy

I just set up another instance of Grimm and it still only gives me the airing for tonight.

On the server that you have no issue is it the current Beta?

It's not an issue I have ever had before either when I was using the DVR.

I am actually going to be replacing my SSD tomorrow or Sunday and will have to reinstall everything anyway. I will check everything again after that.

jasonmcroy

So, I haven't changed anything on my system and tonight I set up recordings for Walking Dead tonight and it's working now for some reason. I then went back to see if Grimm would work now and lo and behold it's working now too! 

Confused but happy.