beta 2.10

e123enitan

e123enitan

@Angelblue What exactly is the new option meant to accomplished as I am sure what it will delete and if say it delete how could reinstated deleted file.

I am just assuming this what its meant for to delete, could you pls elaborate

Thanks

Angelblue05

Well, the way to delete emby content in Kodi is via the context menu > Emby options > Delete. You can bind this action to a key in your Kodi keymap, using RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby?mode=delete)

This was made to fill the gap, now that we moved away from the Kodi default delete action.

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

Delete in Kodi would not impact emby server? So if I wish to reinstate deleted file what is the process either at the server of Kodi?

e123enitan

So in emby there is a function which could identify files deleted in Kodi, so I dont get I am not smart like U lol

Angelblue05

If you use the Kodi delete, it only erases the entry from Kodi. It doesn't actually remove the file from Emby. But using the context menu > Emby options > Delete (or the new keymap action) will delete the content from Kodi and Emby. 

If you use the Kodi delete, the entry just needs to be recreated in Kodi. If you have only one entry missing, the faster way to re-add the content to Kodi is to hit save in the metadata manager for the content deleted in Kodi.

If you have way more than just one entry missing, run a repair database to recreate all the missing entries (launch the emby add-on > repair database).

Hope this helps.

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

Excuse my ignorant, is there a function in emby server which if click could identify a file to be exclude from kodi/emby syncr.I meant a single movie or selected ones nit a group like movies , tv shows where all the content can be excluded from individual profile for instant i excluded adult content from my children profile so when kodi syn emby it excluded.

To be clear I am reference to individual movie of tv shows where when it click to exclude emkodi will disregard during syncr process.

Sorry I am repeating myself and not changing the subject hope I make sense.

Edited by e123enitan

e123enitan

Ok thanks I shall add to the trello, anyway not a major concern.

Just came to mind that if I create a special tag assigned as xxx rated, in metadata assigned these files as tag xxxx rated, then use parental control to restrict user profile to exclude hope Kodi would disregard these tagged files Would that work (retorical) thinking a loud HUUUUUUhhhhh i have to experiment

Edited by e123enitan
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes, if you do that, just run the manual sync after you are done, it will correctly remove the content from the Kodi profile.