Remote control function gone

Dysan

I'm now getting the "no remote control" problem after yesterday's update to the apk.  Had no issues previously (apart from the random disconnect issue which was easily fixed on an adhoc basis simply by tapping the cast button again).

shorty1483

in 2.6.29 I can disconnect from CC again, thanks for quick fix.

For the no remote problem. It seems to me that it affects just some libraries. E.g. my series libraries are not affected, also my Kids movies. But the other movie library is affected. I cannot believe that you did not have that problem a single time during tests @@Luke. In the current status quo, the Android app is totally useless for me because I just use it for CC streaming. But I'm sure like everytime that you find a solution. Let me know if you need a tester or logs etc.

Edited by shorty1483

rcocchiararo

It happens on my 4 libraries for me.

ps: i mentioned the english language, because i use my phone in spanish, and for a while i thought that using it in spanish was the problem here :P

shorty1483

Let me know if beta 30 improves this. Thanks.

Seems to be fixed in .30 , yay! Well done!

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

rcocchiararo

I just tried on the latest beta and I could not connect to the Chromecast (button did nothing).

For now I have reverted to 2.6.03 and disabled updates.

Could you inform me when this fix hits stable?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
AndroidVageta

I'm still having this issue. 

When I start the app everything works fine. Connects to the Chromecast fine, media controls work just fine.

When the phone goes into sleep mode though and I turn it back on everything no longer works. Emby shows that I'm disconnected from the Chromecast (gray icon) and the media controls no longer function. Even reconnecting to the Chromecast does nothing. 

All the while whatever I'm watching continues to play via Chromecast. There never seems to be an actual connection issue with the video. 

I'm using a LG G2 with Android 4.2.2 (I only use this to stream media). 

Thoughts?

AndroidVageta

I can't reproduce that but will keep an eye out for it.

Do you know what could be the issue? I find it odd that my phone or others would have this issue that for some reason doesn't affect other people.