Viruses found after installation

laotze

laotze

Hi,

Should I care? GData announced two viruses whithin update. Variant.Kazy.788102 and Trojan.Script.647895. For details have a look at the attached files. It seems the Emby theater runs fine without the missing files (babgvant.zip  and info_box.min.js). But I think I do not get all Updates

Any ideas?

Laotze

post-120217-0-97237800-1457549666_thumb.png

post-120217-0-82935800-1457549692_thumb.png

The second file is no longer used by our website so i'm removing it. that has nothing to do with emby theater though. the first one i will let babgvant know about. it's just a false positive. thanks.

aquatarkus

Hi there

I get the same messages about virus Variant.Kazy.788102 and Trojan.Script.64789 and also babgvant.zip every time i either come to the Emby web site or load up Emby Theatre. Running windows 10 pro x64 with F-secure av software.

Regards

Keith W

• 2 weeks later...
hotwirez

I wanted to mention that Bitdefender also detects this and doesn't even let the download complete for http:/www.mb3admin.com/downloads/thirdparty/mbt_com/babgvant.zip.  It says it's infected with Gen:Variant.Kazy.788102.

On the machine (Windows 10 Pro x64) following installation it doesn't like the emby-theater\comobjects\babgvant\evrpresenter.dll for the same reason.

Note this happened on 3/19, so if there has been a change since then I apologize for the late information.  I just happened to notice it in the logs.

Edited by hotwirez

babgvant

I have submitted a ticket to Bitdefender noting that this is a false positive. Will let you know what they say.