Subdued MBC : Search?

jwill
Go to solution Solved by Cheesegeezer,

I'm not finding a feature in the Subdued MBC theme that is available in the Default MBC theme. I'm wondering if I am missing something, or if the feature is missing from Subdued.

The feature I am looking for is "Search". In the view that lists all the titles, with Default I can choose Search and search all the titles for any string that I then enter. 

Is a Search function hidden somewhere in the Subdued theme?

politby

You need to hit the yellow remote button to bring up the search window.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ginjaninja

FWIW accessing search on xbox controller is left on the right analogue stick...but it is very temperamental and not a workable option..

may cheesegeezer would add a search button to subdued if we asked nicely?

@@Cheesegeezer

Certainly the Search function in Subdued is quite obscure. I think I might be able to remember the yellow button, for a while, until I forget and have to start hitting buttons randomly to find search. But certainly no one else who uses the system will have a clue that they should hit the yellow button for search. Subdued could use a menu choice to get to search, perhaps in the Options menu next to "Sort By" and "Group By".

I'll request it in the feature request subforum.

• Solution
Cheesegeezer

FWIW accessing search on xbox controller is left on the right analogue stick...but it is very temperamental and not a workable option..

may cheesegeezer would add a search button to subdued if we asked nicely?

@@Cheesegeezer

Certainly the Search function in Subdued is quite obscure. I think I might be able to remember the yellow button, for a while, until I forget and have to start hitting buttons randomly to find search. But certainly no one else who uses the system will have a clue that they should hit the yellow button for search. Subdued could use a menu choice to get to search, perhaps in the Options menu next to "Sort By" and "Group By".

I'll request it in the feature request subforum.

Hi Chaps,

I'll happily look at this,  I could add a search icon to the top of the page along with the user switch icon and config icon, at least it will be there for all to see and use.

Please bear with me as it wont be immediate, probably after the new year.

Thanks

• Like 1