Please add support for Samsung vr

chali

it's because we are using custom video controls so the samsung vr button is not there anymore. there is a web vr api that we will look at incorporating into our video OSD in a future update. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Found another work around. Open Samsung Internet app, then play couple secs of a video then stop and exit emby.down bottom of the Samsung app you will see video history, start video from there it will go full screen properly. You will have to start each video manually.it won't auto play the next ep automatically. Luke any progress made on intergratin b it better? Cheers hope this helps someone..

Søren Thulstrup

Hi.

I have the same issue.

When playing in Samsung internet (gear vr), the option for full screen is missing. Used to be located in the lower right corner.

This is only when playing directly through Emby in Samsung internet. If I've played a few seconds first, then I'm able to play the movie in full screen, but not from Emby

but directly from Samsung internet.

This is both for 2D and 3D movies.

This started i janurary.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thought I would add there is an app available "pigasuss" that supports dnla servers. works with emby as the back end there is a cinema and a void cinema. You don't get a pretty interface with lots of metadata like with emby via the samsung internet app but its a bigger screen and seems to work well.

The apps create a virtual cinema screen. Samsung internet screen is smaller. Unless we can get back support to go fullscreen.

We have a fullscreen button in the video player, if the browser supports the fullscreen api.

Then it musn't support fullscreen. When sites like youtube are viewed samsung internet app has a fullscreen button. This button is hidden and only appears on some sites. It used to appear and work for emby but doesn't anymore..

Edited by bluc

Yea that is because we are using our custom UI which means you only get a fullscreen button if the browser has implemented the fullscreen api.

Samsung must have customized the native controls with something propietary which would explain why you got the button before.

Got an update for samsung internet today. Still no fullscreen. Also now some files with dts audio do not play at all :/ these files play fine on my android tablet and windows pcs and android tv nexus players.

• 6 months later...

3d side by side no longer switch's into stereoscopic mode is just two images side by side. Full screen doesn't work either as I have mentioned before.

• 2 weeks later...
Nick D_CA

Another use case for Emby to get on the VR bandwagon: Airplanes

I wanted to watch Game 'o Thrones but it would be too graphic for tablet use on an airplane.

I came up with another workaround…

1. Use Emby on Android to download offline copy.
  2. In Oculus VR, launch 'Samsung PhoneCast VR'
  3. Within 'Samsung PhoneCast VR', now launch Kodi
  4. Got to "Enter files section" under one of the headings and choose "Add videos…"
  5. Browse to the Emby cache location and choose Add.
    ​         /sdcard/Android/data/com.mb.android/files/sync/<SERVERNAME>
  6. Click through your folders and start watching offline

This is a pain to use but at least it solves a problem until we get Emby working in VR.

Edited by NickDorak

So the issue I think is that we display custom video controls and hide the built-in ones, therefore the samsung special vr button is inaccessible. does that sound right?

Yes sounds like that may be the issue. When i first got my gear vr worked flawless then pretty sure when you went to custom controls it stopped working. No idea about 3d. There is now two browsers for it, occulus and samsung. The fullscreen works sometimes(the button appears) but 3d hsbs is not working in either. Earlier in this thread someone suggested using an older version for it to work..

Edited by bluc

So i guess for certain devices we need to have some decision making and just show the stock built-in controls. That will kind of stink though because it will result in loss of some emby features that are in our OSD.

What if there was an emby settings/options/features button? What features would be missing by the way?

Edited by bluc

Like trying to merge two custom overlays that are from different developers. Need a dedicated app but the problem may be solved as there is a samsung app that lets you use just about any app within the vr enviroment. Emby android works but its only beta and theres lots of freezing crashing at the moment..