Hi

Can you please add support for Samsung

Vr. I just tried it using Netflix

And it awesome to watch movies on

/regards

• Like 1

chali

Hi

its like having a large movie scen all for you self (like 150-200" from  2-3 meter)

Its really a new way of watching movies on the go (or home).

I relay didn't think it could be this good from a phone ( Hav you tested Oculus Rift? Then you will not be disappointed in comparison)

/Regards

chali

The problem is I can't start emby in this mode. Emby ned's to be added the oculus library to be able to use it. The only chansee to use emby now is thru the built in webrowser but that's not att al good.

Best optimal thing would be to use it as the Netflix app is made for vr. It like you sitt in a soffa in a house and the media is play on a rely large screen. (Hmm hard to explain if you newer tried it) /regards

so you have to wear that big headset?

Yeah, to me this seems like this year's version of 3D TVs but the market is all giddy about it...

• Like 1

chali

This is nothing like 3d-TV ;-) in differens too 3d tv this works really good. I'm using it when I'm on the go like travelling or I'm just waiting for the kids at there practice. It really nice to be able to shut the surroundings out and just watch a movie :-)

• 5 months later...

I will second this request gear vr is like having a personal movie theatre being able to access files on the network would be a bonus rather than having to copy them to phones sd card.. btw this does 3d movies and 2d but looks like its on a big screen, can even sit on the moon and watch movies on the big screen with earth as an object off to the side, or in a completely black room were all you can see is the screen... we could then host 360/180 degree video on our own servers as well which really is were gear vr comes into its own, 360 degree video..

I doubt it. They used to say tv was bad for the eyes, then it was computer screens, then 3d content, now its virtual reality next they will be saying holograms are bad for the eyes, all without a shred of proof. I am 40 have been a couch potato all my life over 40 and don't need glasses go figure...lol

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone with gear vr use the samsung internet app then browse to emby web app works fine there is even a big screen void cinema screen to watch it on

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Has something changed regarding going fullscreen in emby web app because i can no longer view emby fullscreen within gear vr samsung internet app?

When within the gear vr app, there used to be a menu video assistant, where you could set display mode or make it fullscreen. It no longer shows up while watching stuff using emby.it still shows up as mormal while using youtube or other video sites..

Yea probably because we are using our custom video controls and hiding the ones from the video player.

Seconded, I have the same problem...blamed Samsung first!

At the moment I am trying out previous builts of Emby ; )

Edited by Hallek