Not connecting to MPExtended

MadibaJ

pünktchen

Hi!

Here are the new logs following your request!

thank you

I will look at the logs asap.

How is your experience with browser playback?

jsmorency

Hi,

The iOS app playback is as before. It stops after a second.

The browser playback is continuous. Though, everything HD is lagging. 720p (1Mbps) is not so bad, but some hiccups. Lower res is ok. It was tested on chrome desktop, on a (wired, 1Gbps) lan computer.

I had a playback error when changing bitrate before. But since I removed authentification, I can change quality without any issue. 

pünktchen

Okay, here are my final conclusions:

First of all, your server cpu is really borderline and you will never get happy when it comes to streaming/transcoding live tv hd streams.

As you have noticed, HD playback in your browser is lagging even with lower bitrates. Remember transcoding live tv is not the same as transcoding movies!

A ripped movie will mostly have H.264 as a video codec already, so in the best case only the video container (mkv, mp4) and probably audio gets transcoded. Your live tv streams have mpeg2 interlaced video codecs - transcoding these to other formats is a really heavy cpu task. If you have a appropriate Intel cpu you can try "Quick Sync" in Emby's settings -> Playback -> Transcoding -> Hardware Acceleration. But from the posts here in the forum, there are still some problems with this setting sometimes.

Second, from this post here http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32599-113/&do=findComment&comment=313447 there seems to be a general problem with playback of live tv hd streams in the iOS app right now.

But even if this get fixed, i suggest you to explicit adjust a lower default bitrate instead of "Auto" in your iOS app. "Auto" only analyzes your possible network speed and the playback capabilities of the app to make a assumption about the streaming bitrate. "Auto" does not know anything about your server cpu speed!

Third, from MediaPortal plugin side there's nothing i can do to help you. Sorry!

The streaming part of the plugin works as it should. No problems here in any browser or Android app.

optimalt

Okay, here are my final conclusions:

First of all, your server cpu is really borderline and you will never get happy when it comes to streaming/transcoding live tv hd streams.

As you have noticed, HD playback in your browser is lagging even with lower bitrates. Remember transcoding live tv is not the same as transcoding movies!

A ripped movie will mostly have H.264 as a video codec already, so in the best case only the video container (mkv, mp4) and probably audio gets transcoded. Your live tv streams have mpeg2 interlaced video codecs - transcoding these to other formats is a really heavy cpu task. If you have a appropriate Intel cpu you can try "Quick Sync" in Emby's settings -> Playback -> Transcoding -> Hardware Acceleration. But from the posts here in the forum, there are still some problems with this setting sometimes.

Second, from this post here http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32599-113/&do=findComment&comment=313447 there seems to be a general problem with playback of live tv hd streams in the iOS app right now.

But even if this get fixed, i suggest you to explicit adjust a lower default bitrate instead of "Auto" in your iOS app. "Auto" only analyzes your possible network speed and the playback capabilities of the app to make a assumption about the streaming bitrate. "Auto" does not know anything about your server cpu speed!

Third, from MediaPortal plugin side there's nothing i can do to help you. Sorry!

The streaming part of the plugin works as it should. No problems here in any browser or Android app.

All browsers including Edge?

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

pünktchen

All browsers including Edge?

[emoji33] I don't have Windows 10.

jsmorency

Hi! 

Is this my Emby server cpu, or TV server cpu?

What is mainly stressed for streaming.... the remote device or the server (emby or tv) processors?

I know it is demanding but as I said before, everything was working fine, with no lag at all. Issues only came with the latest updates. Is there a was to roll back to a certain version?

Anyway I will let the time pass a little, and see if it will resolves with a future update/some fiddling with settings.

Thanks for your support! Please keep me posted if you have any updates about this on your side :)

Edited by jsmorency

pünktchen

Hi!

Is this my Emby server cpu, or TV server cpu?

What is mainly stressed for streaming.... the remote device or the server (emby or tv) processors?

I know it is demanding but as I said before, everything was working fine, with no lag at all. Issues only came with the latest updates. Is there a was to roll back to a certain version?

Anyway I will let the time pass a little, and see if it will resolves with a future update/some fiddling with settings.

Thanks for your support! Please keep me posted if you have any updates about this on your side :)

Your Emby server cpu is the limiting factor when it comes to transcoding.

I know the problems with updates. They are not always better, that's why i allways make backups of Emby server and the apps...

Edited by pünktchen

optimalt

Sure, see attached.

It would be wonderful if the MP-plugin could work with iPhone/iPad.

Right now i have duplicates of all my channles - one set of "regular" channels from the MP-plugin and one set for iOS-devices added with a .M3U-playlist.

The M3U-channels works with all devices but has no EPG-data and transcodes in Emby Theater and Chrome desktop (the MP-plugin does not). If the MP-plugin could work for iPhone/iPad I would have the best of two worlds  :) 

Kanaler.txt

pünktchen

Sure, see attached.

It would be wonderful if the MP-plugin could work with iPhone/iPad.

Right now i have duplicates of all my channles - one set of "regular" channels from the MP-plugin and one set for iOS-devices added with a .M3U-playlist.

The M3U-channels works with all devices but has no EPG-data and transcodes in Emby Theater and Chrome desktop (the MP-plugin does not). If the MP-plugin could work for iPhone/iPad I would have the best of two worlds :)

Strange! You are also using the "Direct" profile in your playlist!

Please upload also a transcoding log after you start a stream in the iOS app from your playlist and from the plugin channels.

optimalt

Strange! You are also using the "Direct" profile in your playlist!

Please upload also a transcoding log after you start a stream in the iOS app from your playlist and from the plugin channels.

Sure thing! Will upload them later this evening.

pünktchen

@@pünktchen

I've sent you a PM with a link to the logs.

Best regards

Please test the attached plugin version. (Copy over the original dll and restart Emby server)

In the plugin configuration -> Streaming -> MediaInfo Delay -> just set it to 0

• Like 2

jds828

@pünktchen

I've just tested the above with Android Mobile which hasn't worked for ages and it seems to be working now. I'll check IOS when I get in from work and let you know.

Great work, 

Thank you.

EDIT: Just noticed the green "Connected" to MPExtended in the plugin also. Not seen that for a while either.

Edited by jds828

optimalt

Please test the attached plugin version. (Copy over the original dll and restart Emby server)

In the plugin configuration -> Streaming -> MediaInfo Delay -> just set it to 0

I can confirm that live-tv now Works with both iOS and Edge. Thank you very much! However, the downside seems to be that video transcoding now occurs when playing with Emby Theater and Chrome desktop (HD-channels does not look good anymore). For me, this is a much smaller problem - I will just switch from Theater to Kodi. Thank you for great support pünktchen!

jsmorency

EDIT: Just noticed the green "Connected" to MPExtended in the plugin also. Not seen that for a while either.

I can confirm that live-tv now Works with both iOS and Edge

Lucky you! On what versions are you (emby and MP plugin)?

Thanks

Edited by jsmorency

optimalt

Thanks

Latest stable Emby server and the MP-plugin version in post #64 [emoji6]

jds828

Thanks

Updated to the latest beta server this morning and followed the instructions above (#64)

pünktchen

I can confirm that live-tv now Works with both iOS and Edge. Thank you very much! However, the downside seems to be that video transcoding now occurs when playing with Emby Theater and Chrome desktop (HD-channels does not look good anymore). For me, this is a much smaller problem - I will just switch from Theater to Kodi. Thank you for great support pünktchen!

Yes with no media info direct play will not work! There's a little difference in ffmpegs command line arguements between media info enabled and disabled. I think it's "+genpts" that is missing when media info is delivered.

Can you please start a new thread about this in the General/Server section!?

Luke seems to ignore me recently...

optimalt

I could start new thread but I wouldn't know how to elaborate on the problem or even describe it...

Are you sure Luke is ignoring you and not just super busy with other stuff?

Also, with your fix it's already possible to both have mobile live-tv including EPG (Android, Chromecast, iPhone, iPad)

AND direct stream live-tv at home (Kodi DSplayer, Emby for Kodi and the Mediaportal plugin for Kodi) for everbody who lives countries without HDHomerun. Good job!

jsmorency

Updated to the latest beta server this morning and followed the instructions above (#64)

Also, with your fix it's already possible to both have mobile live-tv including EPG (Android, Chromecast, iPhone, iPad)

is this working with iOS for everyone except me? hahah  :blink:

Edited by jsmorency

pünktchen

I could start new thread but I wouldn't know how to elaborate on the problem or even describe it...

Are you sure Luke is ignoring you and not just super busy with other stuff?

AND direct stream live-tv at home (Kodi DSplayer, Emby for Kodi and the Mediaportal plugin for Kodi) for everbody who lives countries without HDHomerun. Good job!

Okay i will start the thread. Let's see what happens...

• Like 1

jds828

I think I'm on the same ignore list... I can hear @@Luke sigh when he sees my user name followed by "Live TV Doesn't work"  :lol:

Being as the live TV was the main reason I paid for premiere, it would be good to see a bit more help being offered to people like punktchen.

Just to be on the safe side I've backed up the entire server folder and turned off auto update... just in case some "features" are added.

• Like 1

pünktchen

is this working with iOS for everyone except me? hahah  :blink:

It should work with the mentioned setting for you if you choose a low bitrate. I still think your actual problem is your cpu.

What about the pc where the TVServer is installed? Is it more powerfull? Just for testing...