Not connecting to MPExtended

MadibaJ

pünktchen

Hi @@jsmorency

first thing i see in your server log, you have "authentication" enabled in the plugin and MPExtended. Do this only if you really need it! (WebMediaPortal)

It makes some problems for switching the audio streams and changing the streaming bitrate while live tv is playing already.

second thing i see in your transcoding logs (i'm no expert in this), it looks like your cpu can't keep up with the transcoding speed.

Keep in mind that transcoding 1920x1080 interlaced mpeg2 video is a really heavy task (mostly because it's interlaced mpeg2).

Maybe the browser players are more tolerant than the vlc player that is used in the mobile apps when it comes to stream distortion.

So our goal should be direct playing the stream. (Don't know if the app on your iOS device can handle a 1920i mpeg2 video. Probably not?! In europe it is 1920i h.264 video, which is not that demanding)

Do me a favour and put these lines one after another in a browser (always wait 5 seconds) and post the result of the last request here:

http://192.168.1.43:4322/MPExtended/StreamingService/json/InitStream?type=TV&provider=0&itemId=3&identifier=TV-3-20160316014358&idleTimeout=60&clientDescription=TV-3-20160316014358

http://192.168.1.43:4322/MPExtended/StreamingService/json/StartStream?identifier=TV-3-20160316014358&profileName=Direct&startPosition=0

http://192.168.1.43:4322/MPExtended/StreamingService/json/GetMediaInfo?type=TV&itemId=TV-3-20160316014358&provider=0

jds828

first thing i see in your server log, you have "authentication" enabled in the plugin and MPExtended. Do this only if you really need it! (WebMediaPortal)

It makes some problems for switching the audio streams and changing the streaming bitrate while live tv is playing already.

Interesting. I didn't realise that.

I still use WebMediaportal as it's always been a very stable source of live TV. I think I'll disable the web side for a while and see how it performs.

jsmorency

Do me a favour and put these lines one after another in a browser (always wait 5 seconds) and post the result of the last request here:

http://192.168.1.43:...-20160316014358

http://192.168.1.43:...startPosition=0

http://192.168.1.43:...4358&provider=0

In which browser should I try this? A browser on the Emby server pc, tv server pc, mobile device? Or does it make a difference?

Keep in mind that transcoding 1920x1080 interlaced mpeg2 video is a really heavy task (mostly because it's interlaced mpeg2).

Maybe the browser players are more tolerant than the vlc player that is used in the mobile apps when it comes to stream distortion.

It used to work, that's why I'm sceptical about all this. Though, I must confess I have issues when changing stream quality during playback. Always a crash of the stream, and I need to restart it.

I still use WebMediaportal as it's always been a very stable source of live TV

Didn't know about this, despite using mediaportal for a while! I will have a look at this just for fun. 

Thanks guys for your time

pünktchen

In which browser should I try this? A browser on the Emby server pc, tv server pc, mobile device? Or does it make a difference?

Doesn't matter.

It used to work, that's why I'm sceptical about all this.

When, where?

jsmorency

Hi again!

http://192.168.1.43:...-20160316014358
{"Result":true}

http://192.168.1.43:...startPosition=0
{"Result":"http:\/\/192.168.1.43:4322\/MPExtended\/StreamingService\/stream\/RetrieveStream?identifier=TV-3-20160316014358"}

http://192.168.1.43:...4358&provider=0
{"AudioStreams":[{"Channels":6,"Codec":"AC3","ID":64,"Index":0,"Language":"fr","LanguageFull":"French","StreamOrder":1,"Title":""}],"Container":"MPEG-TS","Duration":998,"SubtitleStreams":[{"Codec":"","Filename":null,"ID":48,"Index":0,"Language":"","LanguageFull":"","StreamOrder":0},{"Codec":"","Filename":null,"ID":48,"Index":1,"Language":"","LanguageFull":"","StreamOrder":0},{"Codec":"","Filename":null,"ID":48,"Index":2,"Language":"","LanguageFull":"","StreamOrder":0}],"VideoStreams":[{"Codec":"MPEG-2 Video","DisplayAspectRatio":1.778,"DisplayAspectRatioString":"16:9","Height":1080,"ID":48,"Index":0,"Interlaced":true,"StreamOrder":0,"Width":1920}]}

This is on any pc connected to my local LAN. 

From outside lan pc (at work)

I get...

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

When, where?

Few weeks ago, before all the latest updates. I used to put some cartoons for my daugther upstairs, and watch tv news on the side on my iphone 4s or ipad.

Edited by jsmorency

pünktchen

@@jsmorency please try the attached version of the plugin.

Also set the streaming bitrate in your app to "auto" or a value higher than 10000kbps, so we can see if the iOS app can direct play the stream.

Post your server logs after testing this please!

jsmorency

hi!

When unchecking login required, I get this on the main emby live tv server page

Status: Unavailable (Unable to establish a connection with MPExtended - check your settings)

Have not tried to stream yet though.

I will try your plugin when I'll have some spare time, maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks!

pünktchen

hi!

Status: Unavailable (Unable to establish a connection with MPExtended - check your settings)

You also have to deactivate authentication in MPExtended's config tool.

jsmorency

Oh ok! Sorry for this. Then I'll have to wait til I get home. No remote connection to my HTPC is setup.

You mean, I need to remove my custom user and password, and recreate the default user named admin with admin as password? (or leave all this blank)

Thanks

MadibaJ

hi!

Status: Unavailable (Unable to establish a connection with MPExtended - check your settings)

Have not tried to stream yet though.

I will try your plugin when I'll have some spare time, maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure this is down to the Ajax error and doesn't mean MP isn't connected. It's mentioned somewhere on this thread I think. Edited by MadibaJ

pünktchen

Oh ok! Sorry for this. Then I'll have to wait til I get home. No remote connection to my HTPC is setup.

You mean, I need to remove my custom user and password, and recreate the default user named admin with admin as password? (or leave all this blank)

Thanks

Just deactivate the checkbox for authentication in MPExtended Configurator.

pünktchen

I'm pretty sure this is down to the Ajax error and doesn't mean MP isn't connected. It's mentioned somewhere on this thread I think.

You could also try my attachment [emoji6]

jsmorency

Ok, Authentication" disabled in the plugin and MPExtended. Rebooted both computer after this.

It helped with playback error when changing bitrate, but didn't change anything for my streaming problem. 

Though, back to this (see below) which is a good thing.

External Services

MPExtended (MediaPortal Live TV Service)

MediaPortal Plugin: 1.3.2.948 - MPExtended Service: 0.6.0.4-Embycheckmarkgreen.png Up to date!

BUT, I still get the "unable to connect in the mpextended plugin". (maybe the ajax problem)

Also set the streaming bitrate in your app to "auto" or a value higher than 10000kbps, so we can see if the iOS app can direct play the stream.

It was set to auto. Never touched this option.

Would you like me to post a log with your suggested plugin, or the one I have installed actually?

Thanks again!

Edited by jsmorency

pünktchen

The "connection" message problem in the plugin settings page should be solved. But it doesn't work in every browser unfortunately - it works for me in Firefox and Chrome desktop, but not in Chrome mobile.

Please post the logs with the attached plugin version.

optimalt

I've got the "stop after a few seconds"-issue as well on iphone and Edge (but not on Chrome or Android). My workaround was to add .M3U-files to Emby with direct http-links to WebMediaportal. Then all channels play perfect on all devices I've tried so far. But the problem now is I have no EPG-data...

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

pünktchen

I've got the "stop after a few seconds"-issue as well on iphone and Edge (but not on Chrome or Android). My workaround was to add .M3U-files to Emby with direct http-links to WebMediaportal. Then all channels play perfect on all devices I've tried so far. But the problem now is I have no EPG-data...

Then for sure it is a problem in Emby server what is delivered to the clients.

You could also try some of the other streaming profiles in the MediaPortal plugin configuration!

optimalt

Then for sure it is a problem in Emby server what is delivered to the clients.

You could also try some of the other streaming profiles in the MediaPortal plugin configuration!

Ok. Just briefly tried VLC Direct and Android ffmpeg HD and both resulted in a black screen and no audio in Edge. In any case I think I prefer to let Emby to the transcoding.

jsmorency

But it doesn't work in every browser unfortunately - it works for me in Firefox and Chrome desktop, but not in Chrome mobile.

I'm on chrome desktop

pünktchen

I'm on chrome desktop

Have you restarted Emby server after copying over the dll?

@@MadibaJ does work for you?

Edited by pünktchen

jsmorency

Oh, sorry, haven't had time to test with your attached plugin. Sorry for the confusion, I was just replying about the browser used

I will try to do this tonight or this weekend

• Like 1

jsmorency

I tried with the your dll but it changed nothing. Did I have to remove the plugin in emby too? or simply replace the dll and restart server?

I will do some testing and post a log soon. Is there a way to post a "fresh" log. Can I delete the what's in the log folder without hurting the system?à

Thanks again!

pünktchen

I tried with the your dll but it changed nothing. Did I have to remove the plugin in emby too? or simply replace the dll and restart server?

I will do some testing and post a log soon. Is there a way to post a "fresh" log. Can I delete the what's in the log folder without hurting the system?à

Thanks again!

Yes, copy, replace and restart is enough.

The log is always a fresh one after restart. Just look at the timestamps!

pünktchen

Hi, here are the logs

Thanks in advance

So the logs tell me, this time the stream should direct play if the client app reports it can handle it.

Unfortunately it seems like the iOS app isn't able to do this. :angry: Emby will always transcode the stream.

Last test for you: try the attached plugin version with streaming to your iOS app and a desktop browser (preferable Chrome).

I've changed the stream timeout of the plugin because this a potential problem.

As always, post your logs after testing!

Thanks!