intel Core 2 E6600 (2.4Ghz)
3GB ram
Win 7 x64 ultimate

Connected by wire on the router (1Gbps)

My HTPC (tvserver) build is more recent
AMD A6-6400K (3.9Ghz, I think)
4GB ram
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
BUT, connected with a usb wireless dongle (N300)

My router is a Asus Dark Knight RT-N66u

Edited by jsmorency

jds828

I'd say the A6 is a better option.

Both could do with a bit more RAM. The router shouldn't be a problem but I reboot never hurts if WiFi speeds start dropping.

I would just start a test server on the A6. Don't link all your media, just set up live TV etc and see how it goes. If all goes well, then link it to your media folders on the NAS.

EDIT: Just noticed the part about the WiFi. No way of running it direct to the router?

Edited by jds828

pünktchen

Hi!

My Emby Sever PC (NAS) specs are

intel Core 2 E6600 (2.4Ghz)

3GB ram

Win 7 x64 ultimate

Connected by wire on the router (1Gbps)

My HTPC (tvserver) build is more recent

AMD A6-6400K (3.9Ghz, I think)

4GB ram

Win 7 x64 Ultimate

BUT, connected with a usb wireless dongle (N300)

My router is a Asus Dark Knight RT-N66u (N900

The intel is really low power when it comes to performance in relation to energy consumption!

I have a AMD A6-5400K and this is enough for transcoding one stream without a hassle!

Edited by pünktchen

jds828

If you can't hard wire the A6 it might be worth checking your router and USB dongle to see if they are both dual band. If they are, split the 2.4 and 5Ghz network and connect to the 5GHz. Or if you have a bit of spare cash, go for a PCI-e based WiFi card.

You should see better speeds on the 5Ghz but it won't like lots of connections.

jsmorency

If you can't hard wire the A6 it might be worth checking your router and USB dongle to see if they are both dual band. If they are, split the 2.4 and 5Ghz network and connect to the 5GHz. Or if you have a bit of spare cash, go for a PCI-e based WiFi card.

Thanks for the tip. Actually, I'm thinking about redoing my whole home server setup with these issues. I know it's not optimal, but it used to work so as they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But now, seems like it's broken hehe

jds828

Try the WiFi before you do anything. It's not going to cost anything to try apart from time.

When I build a server, I try and keep it all in one box and as simple as possible. The more systems you have doing separate jobs, the more points of failure you have. It won't hurt anything to keep your existing Emby server online even if you set a new one up. No point in deleting it.

jsmorency

Hi!

I tested with my HTPC (with the AMD APU A6-6400K) and still no luck.

Would you like to see some log files?

Thanks

pünktchen

Hi!

I tested with my HTPC (with the AMD APU A6-6400K) and still no luck.

Would you like to see some log files?

Thanks

The transcoding log is enough.

Btw. we're always talking about live tv. What about recordings? If they play please post a log also!

Edited by pünktchen

jds828

How did you end up setting everything up with the server version and network?

I couldn't get HD TV to work up until yesterday. I installed the latest IOS beta app and now they seem to work ok. You'll need to PM @@Luke if you want to use try the test versions.

pünktchen

How did you end up setting everything up with the server version and network?

I couldn't get HD TV to work up until yesterday. I installed the latest IOS beta app and now they seem to work ok. You'll need to PM @@Luke if you want to use try the test versions.

Great to hear that! Does it also work if you reset mediainfo delay back to 1500?

jds828

Great to hear that! Does it also work if you reset mediainfo delay back to 1500?

I'll give it a try later today and get back to you. Just rebuilding my main server so not sure how soon.

pünktchen

Hi!

Here are the logs with my tv server equipped with the AMD APU.

Also tried with delay set to 0ms as discussed above.

Regards

Have you really used the last plugin attachement i've posted here with mediainfo delay 0 or have you forgotten to restart Emby after copying the dll? It doesn't look right to me!

jsmorency

Oh sorry. No since it was another computer I started from scratch and went default for emby server and MP plugin.

Should I install the beta server too?

I will copy your latest proposed dll to me, restart server and post some logs.

Sorry again

Edited by jsmorency

jsmorency

Here are my logs with your attached plugin (that was directed to me and not the one for another user later in this post).

I use the latest stable server release and not the beta.

It SEEMED to last a little longer before it cuts. I tried various bitrate, hence the reason for the multiple logs.

Thanks

160326-logs.zip

pünktchen

Here are my logs with your attached plugin (that was directed to me and not the one for another user later in this post).

I use the latest stable server release and not the beta.

It SEEMED to last a little longer before it cuts. I tried various bitrate, hence the reason for the multiple logs.

Thanks

You should try this one: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32334-Not-connecting-to-MPExtended&do=findComment&comment=314464 otherwise mediainfo delay 0 has not the intended effect. Sorry!

Bad Tapatalk...

Edited by pünktchen

jsmorency

Wow this is awesome. I can stream HD as before with your attached plugin.

May I ask what did you do?

That being said, I will try with my "other" tv server, the one with the less powerful intel E6600 cpu.

I will give the update in case someone has a similar config.

So to sum up, I use:

Latest stable release from Emby server

Your modified plugin for MP

Here are my logs as a reference

PS: I can stream HD when it is a "new" stream. If I change bitrate on the go, HD is not working (screen freeze on a frame). Have to close stream and restart it.

logs.zip

• Like 1

pünktchen

Wow this is awesome. I can stream HD as before with your attached plugin.

May I ask what did you do?

That being said, I will try with my "other" tv server, the one with the less powerful intel E6600 cpu.

I will give the update in case someone has a similar config.

So to sum up, I use:

Latest stable release from Emby server

Your modified plugin for MP

Here are my logs as a reference

PS: I can stream HD when it is a "new" stream. If I change bitrate on the go, HD is not working (screen freeze on a frame). Have to close stream and restart it.

See here for background informations: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32960-different-ffmpeg-parameters-lead-to-playback-problem-with-live-tv/

Unfortunately without mediainfo you will not get direct play of any stream and Emby will transcode even for Theater!

This has to be adjusted either in the iOS app or Emby Server. The MediaPortal plugin only delivers the stream url with or without mediainfo...

• 1 year later...

Ok using the version from post 64 of this thread. I put port 4322 into emby service setting and the ip address of my server. Anything else I need to do I get Cannot connect to mpextended service,within the live tv section of emby. Let me know if you need logs.

• 9 months later...