Not connecting to MPExtended

MadibaJ

MadibaJ

I've installed MP extended 0.6x and the latest add on and running mp1.12.

When I select livetv in Emby server I can see the 4 tuners and whether one is recording or free. When I select settings in the addon it comes up with a save and test connection option which I cannot get it to say connected. It always says unable to establish connection. I have authentication disabled.

When I go into Emby and then live tv. No channels recordings or guide show up. I'm running Kodi and no livetv issues.

Why is Emby server saying there's a connection but not the addon? Is there something simple I'm missing?

I'm posting this at work so I don't have any log files to hand.

jds828

It's an issue at the moment.

Just make 100% sure all the details are correct and it should work. @@Luke was explaining it to @pünktchen but it went way over my head... something about ajax

Edited by jds828

pünktchen

I've installed MP extended 0.6x and the latest add on and running mp1.12.

When I select livetv in Emby server I can see the 4 tuners and whether one is recording or free. When I select settings in the addon it comes up with a save and test connection option which I cannot get it to say connected. It always says unable to establish connection. I have authentication disabled.

When I go into Emby and then live tv. No channels recordings or guide show up. I'm running Kodi and no livetv issues.

Why is Emby server saying there's a connection but not the addon? Is there something simple I'm missing?

I'm posting this at work so I don't have any log files to hand.

@@jds828 is right with his answer. The connection problem in the config page is a javascript/ajax problem i couldn't solve yet.

Until the guide loading problem is solved (http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32135-guide-not-loading/page-2&do=findComment&comment=309373)

i also will not put any energy in this anymore.

MadibaJ

That's how I'm trying to set it up but I cannot get it in ET v2 or browser to populate the guide or the channels.

In ET 2 I can see the recordings (done by MP thru Kodi) but nothing else.

I just assumed that it was because of the settings page error.

jds828

Try the latest beta server.

The guide is now loading as it should. The no connection error is still there but it does work if you have the settings right. Don't forget you need to open ports on your PC to allow Emby to see MP (I had to on Win 10)

• Like 1

MadibaJ

Will give it a try later in the week.

I'm assuming as Emby server is seeing the tuners and I can see recorded programs in live tv Emby is seeing MP fine.

jds828

It's possible but MP uses several ports for web, remote and MPExtended. Might be worth just double checking that they are open and working. 

MadibaJ

I had a little Kodi issue which sent the wife mental. I'm not game to experiment with the emby beta server in case something breaks, I think I'll wait for the stable release.

Edited by MadibaJ

jsmorency

HI! 

I have the exact same issue

"Unable to connect to MP, please review your connection settings before continuing"

But everything else is ok 

External Services

MPExtended (MediaPortal Live TV Service)

MediaPortal Plugin: 1.3.2.948 - MPExtended Service: 0.6.0.4-Emby Up to date!

Despite this, I can stream, but the stream stops after a second or so (iphone4s)

Did you manage to get this to work as before?

Thanks in advance!

pünktchen

I'm sorry for you guys.
I've already fixed the config page problem but will not provide a plugin update until this: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32135-Guide-not-loading&do=findComment&comment=310550 is fixed in Emby core! A half working plugin is no plugin! Furthermore if @@Luke doesn't change his mind in ignoring this problem, i will abandon the MediaPortal plugin. It's really frustating to get no reaction at all.

Edited by pünktchen

jsmorency

I'm not sure to follow the story here, but anyways, I will give some feedback since I think my problem is partially ruled out.

It is working now with the beta version of Emby. 

I get the tvguide (had to do a refresh guide data manually), channels, and everything else just fine.

For streaming, I can stream on any remote pc, but not on mobile devices. On mobile devices, it stops after a second (iphone, ipad..)

I recently added a dual tuner card to my setup (I now have a single tuner card AND a dual tuner card). I noticed in the live tv section that under the Hauppauge, I get ATSC. Under my ASUS EHD3100 BDA ATSC TUNER, i get "undefined"

Tuners
Hauppauge WinTV 885 ATSC Tuner/Demod
Atsc
ASUS EHD3100 BDA ATSC Tuner
undefined
Available
undefined
Available

Could it be the issue?

Thanks in advance

pünktchen

I'm not sure to follow the story here, but anyways, I will give some feedback since I think my problem is partially ruled out.

It is working now with the beta version of Emby.

I get the tvguide (had to do a refresh guide data manually), channels, and everything else just fine.

For streaming, I can stream on any remote pc, but not on mobile devices. On mobile devices, it stops after a second (iphone, ipad..)

I recently added a dual tuner card to my setup (I now have a single tuner card AND a dual tuner card). I noticed in the live tv section that under the Hauppauge, I get ATSC. Under my ASUS EHD3100 BDA ATSC TUNER, i get "undefined"

Tuners

Atsc

Watching CFAP-DT

undefined

Available

undefined

Available

Could it be the issue?

Thanks in advance

I don't think so. Map one of your channels to the Hauppauge card only in TVServer configuration and try to play this channel in your iOS app just to rule out problems with the plugin.

jsmorency

Hum, I haven't done what you proposed, but finally, I noticed that when no tuners are in use, it simply shows undefined everywhere.

Tuners

undefined
Available

undefined
Available

undefined
Available

I don't think this is the issue. Any suggestion?

Edited by jsmorency

jds828

Hum, I haven't done what you proposed, but finally, I noticed that when no tuners are in use, it simply shows undefined everywhere.

Tuners

undefined
Available

undefined
Available

undefined
Available

Have you set your Recorded TV share up with the right share and security permissions?

Then double check they are right in MP TV server and the MP plugin in Emby.

jsmorency

Hi!

I never really modified security and permission of these folders, but they are the Public recorded TV (in windows 7), and for all tuner cards. I guess it is ok, but I will surely check this tonight.

I can actually stream recordings and liveTV from a PC (laggy but it works). But, to do so, I HAVE TO manually refresh EPG guide remotely on emby manager page each time before watching (like if it was resetting every time).

I have no issues streaming/playing media other than livetv on any device.

FYI, my setup is:

Upstair PC = HTPC (for live tv), mediaportal tv server directly on it.
Downstair PC = Computer with media (as a NAS) with emby server

So what I do is I link the emby plugin (downstair PC) to mpextended 0.6 for emby (installed on upstair PC) with correct infos. Was working like a charm before latest Emby update.

Thanks for your support

jds828

I never actually looked at tuners after the recent issues with MP and Emby, it was a case of, it's working so I'll leave it alone. Although I'd added the local share in Emby, the tuners didn't show until I added the network share address. So D:\Recorded TV... No tuners showing. Keep the D: address and add \\SERVER\Recorded TV to the next line down in the plugin, both DVB-S2 tuners then show in Emby server.

I've always preferred moving the Recorded TV and Timeshift folders away from the OS drive for a few reasons. I don't think that my way is the only way, I just find it works. I create a recorded TV folder on a separate drive. Then inside the Recorded TV I create the Timeshift folder. It won't break or require reinstall if you decide to try other locations but you will need to set the security and share permissions and tell Mediaportal TV Server and Emby where to look for the new folder.  

Edited by jds828

pünktchen

Tuners

undefined

Available

undefined

Available

undefined

Available

I've checked the code, MPExtended delivers the tuner type only for cards currently in use.

So "undefined" is normal.

For your streaming issues, you could post a log. Maybe i see something...

But it's probably related to the iOS app, because i don't have problems on both Android apps.

pünktchen

I never actually looked at tuners after the recent issues with MP and Emby, it was a case of, it's working so I'll leave it alone. Although I'd added the local share in Emby, the tuners didn't show until I added the network share address. So D:\Recorded TV... No tuners showing. Keep the D: address and add \\SERVER\Recorded TV to the next line down in the plugin, both DVB-S2 tuners then show in Emby server.

I've always preferred moving the Recorded TV and Timeshift folders away from the OS drive for a few reasons. I don't think that my way is the only way, I just find it works. I create a recorded TV folder on a separate drive. Then inside the Recorded TV I create the Timeshift folder. It won't break or require reinstall if you decide to try other locations but you will need to set the security and share permissions and tell Mediaportal TV Server and Emby where to look for the new folder.

If you have checked "Recording access requires path substitution", you will always have to fill both fields under this setting, otherwise it is handled as an error.

jsmorency

Hi

I double checked. Since my recording folder is under Public "Recorded TV", everything is shared with no restriction.

I never entered any remote shares for recorded folder, and it always worked. And I doubt this has to do with live tv streams issue. 

Indeed, it seems like an iOS app issue. I have an old android phone laying around. I will charge it, install emby (if my android version support it), and will return to you.

As for the log, I don't know what/when should I copy it. Right after trying to stream and it cuts?

Edited by jsmorency

pünktchen

Hi

As for the log, I don't know what/when should I copy the log. Right after trying to stream and it cuts?

Yes.

jds828
I managed to test on the ipad last night.

SD TV was ok but slow to load. Not a chance on HD TV, none would play.

Keep an eye on mpextended under "activity" as the the failed attempts can tie up a tuner.

If I get chance later this week I'll dig out my iphone 4 and give it a try on that.

Edited by jds828

jsmorency

HI

I revived my Android phone. I paid for the iOS app but could not find a way to restore purchase with my gmail account on Android. Guess it's not feasible.

Anyways, I tried to stream tv and (despite the 1 minute restriction), it did the same thing. It cuts after a second or so.

I tried a lower resolution and it didn't change anything.

Attached are the logs. I tried the android app and then the iOS app back to back. There was a bigger log file (server one) that reduced (I removed what was before 9h42pm, the time I tried to stream.)

Let me know if you can get something out of this, because I'm not sure to fully understand what's in all this!

Keep an eye on mpextended under "activity" as the the failed attempts can tie up a tuner.

I will try to have a look at this.

Thanks again!

logs.zip

Edited by jsmorency