Chromecast sound problem

Harry

Hi,

I have a problem with my Chromecast. The sound does not work on my projector when my Chromecast is plugged into the HDMI port however all other apps have working sound. Emby is the only problem.

I have tried casting directly from my phone and PC but the same problem happens on both. The video plays fine. When I watch on emby the same videos on my phone or computer, the sound works. The problem only occurs on my projector or when headphones are plugged into the projector.

I have the latest version of Emby right now.

I have also contacted the projector company as they mentioned they had not tested it with a Chromecast. It's a UC46 LED Projector. 

Any ideas from anyone of what else I can do to try and fix it? 

Thanks,

Harry

i can only guess that the chromecast receiver detected ac3 support even though your equipment might not actually support it. that's what it sounds like to me at least. we'll have to look at what format was being sent to the chromecast. please provide the server logs:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

thanks.

this video only has one audio channel? can you try other videos with 2-channel audio?

ok, i see one with 2-channel. yea i would guess that your audio equipment just doesn't support ac3 even though the chromecast is detecting it as supported. the only solution is we'd have to add a setting to disable it.

Thanks! Would this be a setting which would be added in a future release?

I'll also contact the company who I purchased the projector from.

I just tried with Plex which appears to work! Emby is a lot better though and is my preferred choice! 

i'll have to look at it. i think it can hopefully be done without a setting.

Thank you!

I also wanted to add that it also works when I use an Amazon Fire TV Stick which I also have on the projector. It's just the chromecast with projector.

It is being looked into. This was only 24 hours ago, it's a little too early to be checking for updates :) If you jump on the server beta branch, when i have something i will post it there. thanks.

Thanks Luke!

As I type this I am also on hold on the phone with Chromecast support to see if they can add anything.

The people I purchased the projector from said something useless after reading this thread:

"I had seen this thread and sorry to say that this projector only have one Output: 3.5mm earphone just as the product description mentioned. So maybe this is the reason why Emby on the projector through Chromecast has no sound. Could you try it with another app?"

Definitely not a cable or speaker problem is what I said!

I told them I've tried other apps and Amazon Fire TV stick and it works ok - only the Chromecast, Emby and this projector. 

Chromecast>Emby>TV = working

Amazon Fire TV Stick>Emby>Projector = working

Chromecast>Plex>Projector = working

Amazon Fire TV Stick>Plex>Projector = working

Only Chromecast>Emby>Projector does not work

yea i think it's something we can change. i wouldn't spend too much time with chromecast support.

• 1 month later...

I fixed this a while ago so we'll basically need to start looking at it again from the beginning