32 replies to this topic

#21 Paul77nz OFFLINE  

Paul77nz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Local time: 06:50 AM

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:04 AM

I just requested this for the LG app and just thought I give it a bump here for getting it in Emby Theater on Xbox as well. Would love to see this feature on both platforms. Thanks.

#22 jmedemar OFFLINE  

jmedemar

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Local time: 11:50 AM

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:56 PM

I requested a similar option for the Samsung Smart TV App, so we can always load a user login screen when it starts up (like the FireTV app). It was really nice for multiple users, each of the kids could pick who was watching. Right now, it automatically boots into the last used account, and I'd prefer my kids not watch some of the stuff in there. Any way to get this implemented soonish?

#23 NIS1169 OFFLINE  

NIS1169

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 01:50 AM

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:07 PM

I requested a similar option for the Samsung Smart TV App, so we can always load a user login screen when it starts up (like the FireTV app). It was really nice for multiple users, each of the kids could pick who was watching. Right now, it automatically boots into the last used account, and I'd prefer my kids not watch some of the stuff in there. Any way to get this implemented soonish?

I would like to support this option as well.  We just bought a Samsung Smart TV, and love the Emby App, especially since it just got updated!

However, we are in the same boat as jmedemar, as I'm sure other people with kids are too.  We have our library separated so the kids don't have access to certain items. We currently use the Emby app on our Shield Tv, which has the option to show the login screen every time, which works well for us.

Given it's already implemented on the Android Tv app, I would think it should be an easy port over the the Samsung / LG apps.  Unfortunately, we can not use the Samsung app until this feature is added, but for us that's ok, as we have the Shield Tv.

Regardless, I think this is an important feature that should be added at some point.

We love Emby, and use it on a daily basis!  Thanks to all the developers and admins!!!!

#24 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts
  • Local time: 12:50 PM

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:47 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

#25 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:18 AM

So  you all want to auto-logout after a certain amount of idle time. Is that correct?

• TheShanMan likes this

#26 Paul77nz OFFLINE  

Paul77nz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Local time: 06:50 AM

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:49 AM

So  you all want to auto-logout after a certain amount of idle time. Is that correct?

Yep, similar to what Netflix does. Thanks.

EDIT: Obviously idle time at a menu, and not during playback.

Edited by Paul77nz, 09 October 2018 - 12:50 AM.

#27 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:19 PM

How long does netflix wait?

#28 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51984 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:33 PM

The default in Android TV is 1hr but it can be configured.

#29 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:05 AM

Ok, then I guess we'll default to one hour. Look for it in the next releases of Emby Theater, LG & Samsung. Thanks.

• rtigd2 likes this

#30 mbc0 OFFLINE  

mbc0

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 550 posts
  • Local time: 05:50 PM

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:28 PM

Hi,

I have just added all the kids to Emby today and found one of them watching something they really shouldn't on the LG TV due to my eldest watching last and not signing out

Any update on the auto log-off coming?  I think I will have to take Emby off the Main TV for now

#31 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:35 PM

Unfortunately i didn't get to it when I wanted to but it is still on my radar. Thanks.
  • mbc0 likes this

#32 mbc0 OFFLINE  

mbc0

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 550 posts
  • Local time: 05:50 PM

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:44 PM

Thanks for the swift response luke, 

is it miles away? only asking so I can look into some alternative clients to work around this issue as I have 4 kids of different ages and cannot let this happen again or Wifey will lose it!

Thanks

#33 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:26 PM

No, not miles away.
  • mbc0 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users