Calling all beta testers

ebr

CBers

On what platform, playing with what kind of content, direct streaming or transcoding...?

i'm using the software player (not VLC).

So if you have the VLC player as an option, you must be on a Fire TV box, although reading your other posts it sounds like a Nexus Player?

EBR -- Sorry I have been on the road and just got home.   This weird skip forward/back issue is 100% repeatable for me on every media file in my library.  It's transcoding, i'm using the software player (not VLC).     Basically if you use the navigation controls to skip forward/back, as soon as you stop skipping and it begins playing the progress resets to 0.  

And yes, even if I resume a show, say it's at 25:32, it starts at the right point but the timer is at 0.   I just realized this is why none of the shows I have ever show as complete.. because it's rare that I watch the show all the way through w/o skipping.

Edit: still occurs on .61

Is "every media file in your library" the same format or from the same source, etc?  What format/source is that?

Can you resume something that has a proper resume point and then try this skipping that creates the problem and then back out and send me the log?

I cannot reproduce this with any media I've tried.  Anyone else?

CBers

I can normally FF and RW OK, but occasionally if you try to FF many times, the item can jump straight to the end of the video. The time count can also jump to 24:xx:xxx, or similar.

It's not always reproducible.

I can normally FF and RW OK, but occasionally if you try to FF many times, the item can jump straight to the end of the video. The time count can also jump to 24:xx:xxx, or similar.

It's not always reproducible.

He is saying that he can ff and rew but, when he does, the progress display is incorrect.  That is what I cannot reproduce.

CBers

Yes, I do get that occasionally, if I do multiple FF at once.

It doesn't always happen though.

I think the app gets flooded with you many requests at once.

kefler

So if you have the VLC player as an option, you must be on a Fire TV box, although reading your other posts it sounds like a Nexus Player?

Yeah nexus player.  once upon a time (months ago) VLC was an option but it's not there any more.

• Like 1

kefler

He is saying that he can ff and rew but, when he does, the progress display is incorrect.  That is what I cannot reproduce.

OK, I'm actually a software engineer and I hate it when test guys do this, but the problem is gone.  I updated the server again last night to 3.0.5882.0, and the problem went away.  I'm sure that was the activity that fixed it, because I recreated it 10 times in a row on every video file before.  Then shut down server, updated, and tried again, and it was working.

I still notice that for a moment after I jump to a new spot, the progress displays '0:00' but then updates to the correct time.  I'm not sure how that works, maybe the server informs the client after streaming from the new location of the new time index, and somehow that wasn't making it over.  So stuff seems to work now.  I will continue to debug the audio thing when I get a chance (new job and lots of airplane flights getting in the way). 

Okay, thanks for the update.  I guess that's why I couldn't reproduce it since I'm on newer server versions than that.

• 8 months later...

The latest beta version of the Emby app offers improved playback, refresh rate switching, and all the HD Audio pass-through you need. Check out the beta thread for more details:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42239-android-tv-beta-13x/

We think you'll enjoy the next update to the stable channel. Thanks !