Calling all beta testers

ebr

Pirlo1966

Burned in means that, since the subtitle information is actually graphical instead of text, they need to be super-imposed on the video by the server.  Many BD discs contain these types of graphical subs but it just depends.

Right. As far as I've seen all BD in Europe have pgssubs. Does this means direct play is out of the emby equation in future?

the video player framework we're using for android is developing rapidly, so i wouldn't say permanently, but certainly right now.

A great option is to use the open subtitle downloader to obtain text versions of your subtitles, this way you get the best of both worlds. You can use pgs on clients that can handle it natively, the others can use text.

My shield tv as version 1.1.59g Expired.When will i receive latest beta.

thanks

There is a new beta up today.  However, the betas do not extend the trial period for the app.

Daimon

I have some mkv files that have two audio tracks, one DD 5.1 and one stereo AAC. DD 5.1 is set as default track. When playing those files I only get stereo sound. 

When I check the audio track option none of the tracks is selected. Trying to select DD 5.1 track nothing happens. Selecting the stereo track first then the DD 5.1 track I get transcoding and pcm mulitchannel.

Playing mkv files with only one track, DD 5.1 get's passed trough to the receiver. This is on an Nvidia Shield. version 1.1.60g

I have some mkv files that have two audio tracks, one DD 5.1 and one stereo AAC. DD 5.1 is set as default track. When playing those files I only get stereo sound. 

What are your audio preference settings in your user playback settings area?

Hey ebr, are you working on the audio issues on the Sony TVs (no PCM-Multichannel)?

I asked the Sony Support about that problem, but they can't give me an answer, if PCM Multichannel would ever include in those TV's. So i would be very happy if you could serve DTS transcode to AC-3 on the Sony TV's.

Please tell me, if you could imagine to add this feature.

When I check the audio track option none of the tracks is selected. Trying to select DD 5.1 track nothing happens. Selecting the stereo track first then the DD 5.1 track I get transcoding and pcm mulitchannel.

Playing mkv files with only one track, DD 5.1 get's passed trough to the receiver. This is on an Nvidia Shield. version 1.1.60g

Which track is listed first?

Wow, it is even in front of the video track.  I wonder if that might be the problem.  Is it possible for you to re-order one of those and see if it makes a difference?

Maybe the player is looking for the first track after the video stream.

Daimon

56e2ea316d977_mediainfo.png

That fixed it. But it still doesn't show what track is selected in the player.

I also have som mkv files with flac audio track and 5.1 plays without transcoding but 7.1 gets transcoded. The shield is connected to a 7.1 receiver.

Luke - I have max channels set to 8 in my profile.  Is that being overridden somewhere else down the line?

Daimon - can you post the transcoding log from when that 7.1 item transcoded?

Daimon

After checking the logs it looks like it's the PGSSUB subtitle track that triggers the transcoding. Found an 7.1 movie whitout that track and it direct played. But I don't get any sound on files with 5.1 and 7.1 flac anymore.

Daimon

yeah sorry, I was a little to quick when I tested now I just started the file to see that it direct played and stopped it again. When I found a 7.1 flac that direct played and didn't get any sound I went back and tested 5.1 just to find no sound on those also.

Okay, thanks.  Looks like the player doesn't support flac audio so I'll have to remove it.

@ebr: what's the reason, that you don't give me a clear answer to my question? Plex (on Android TV) is able to do transcode DTS to Dolby, Emby Server is able to do that on Chromecast streaming too. So why not Emby on (Sony) Android TV?Even if you say "no, that's not possible", please let me know it.

I own this Sony TV now for 6 months, Emby Android was the main reason to buy this TV and i still like this App very much (really much more than Plex or Kodi), but i can't use it without DTS support.

@ebr: what's the reason, that you don't give me a clear answer to my question? Plex (on Android TV) is able to do transcode DTS to Dolby, Emby Server is able to do that on Chromecast streaming too. So why not Emby on (Sony) Android TV?Even if you say "no, that's not possible", please let me know it.

I own this Sony TV now for 6 months, Emby Android was the main reason to buy this TV and i still like this App very much (really much more than Plex or Kodi), but i can't use it without DTS support.

I have tried doing that but it is far from reliable and I hate to add yet another option but that may be the way it has to go.

Oh, wait - your ATV is on Android 5.1 isn't it?  That would be another complication.

I think the main complication of this TV's is Sony :-)

There is no area, which is working 100% correct and i don't think that Marshmallow will help at many of those problems

Redshirt

Okay, thanks.  Looks like the player doesn't support flac audio so I'll have to remove it.

Flac support, inside webm/mkv, was added a few weeks ago but it's still in the dev branch. Hopefully in the next month or so it'll make it to release.

kefler

On what platform, playing with what kind of content, direct streaming or transcoding...?

EBR -- Sorry I have been on the road and just got home.   This weird skip forward/back issue is 100% repeatable for me on every media file in my library.  It's transcoding, i'm using the software player (not VLC).     Basically if you use the navigation controls to skip forward/back, as soon as you stop skipping and it begins playing the progress resets to 0.  

And yes, even if I resume a show, say it's at 25:32, it starts at the right point but the timer is at 0.   I just realized this is why none of the shows I have ever show as complete.. because it's rare that I watch the show all the way through w/o skipping.

Edit: still occurs on .61

Edited by kefler