Great job guys! It's bittersweet, but I may be dumping Kodi...

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

Took a look at the new Emby Theatre. Gotta say I wasn't expecting a fully realized app experience. I was blown away! The look is great, very responsive, and the initial load and exit times blow my Kodi build out of the water. I do love Kodi, and always will, but it may be time to move on. Mostly, I'll miss the eye candy, but this is, after all, just the beginning right? Lots of improvements and mods to come, can't wait :)

Also, the best thing about it is that the wife LOVES it. For the last few years Kodi has essentially been my mistress. I worked on it almost every day, getting things just right, trying new builds and attempting to keep all the bells and whistles while keeping things stable. It was never stable. My wife hated Kodi, and Kodi hated her. I can't count the number of times I got things running for her and left for work, only to have an error occur minutes after I was gone. It was a constant battle, with me trying to tell her it's so great, just give it a chance, and Kodi hating her so much that it couldn't stand to be alone with her.

I showed her Emby Theatre last night, and she found things very intuitive. She loved the look, the speed, and the ease of the whole process. It was far less daunting for her. I may have to say goodbye to Kodi, at least for a while, and I just want to say thanks. Thanks for the great program, thanks for the potential of things to come, and above all, thanks for making it so wife-friendly.

• Like 4

Deathsquirrel

My wife hated Kodi, and Kodi hated her. I can't count the number of times I got things running for her and left for work, only to have an error occur minutes after I was gone. It was a constant battle, with me trying to tell her it's so great, just give it a chance, and Kodi hating her so much that it couldn't stand to be alone with her.

I showed her Emby Theatre last night, and she found things very intuitive. She loved the look, the speed, and the ease of the whole process. It was far less daunting for her. I may have to say goodbye to Kodi, at least for a while, and I just want to say thanks. Thanks for the great program, thanks for the potential of things to come, and above all, thanks for making it so wife-friendly.

My wife banned Kodi from any PC she was expected to use after about five minutes of use.  ET is vastly easier to navigate though I need to get a remote control setup at some point.  We're using a bluetooth touchpad right now.

Jack Burton

My wife banned Kodi from any PC she was expected to use after about five minutes of use.  ET is vastly easier to navigate though I need to get a remote control setup at some point.  We're using a bluetooth touchpad right now.

Nice. I've got Kodi set up through a harmony remote and for the most part the remote works with ET as well. Some buttons aren't working but I'm sure that'll get sorted