Request: Live TV with guide in Samsung TV App

brandin.p.lea

brandin.p.lea

I was just wondering if it will ever be possible to have live TV supported with full dvr control and an nice EPG supported from within the Emby Samsung TV application. Although I love the new look and feel of Emby Theatre for Windows 10, I just don't see the need to have individual HTPC boxes in the rooms when I can just run one very powerful server and just plug my TV's into the network. Currently running windows 10 enterprise, ported a version of WMC into it and have the Ceton Infinitv 6 for cable card use. What are your thoughts?

cmcg

Like this perhaps? :)

Although the image below may look fairly complete, the actual functions are still at an early stage. But since you ask and since I've been a bit quiet while this progressed I thought it was about time for a little teaser!

Stay tunes for 2.2 beta. Live TV and Internet Channels are the two main features being worked on.

56ded2d3bf9c2_TVGuide.png

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
cmcg

Some progress. Recordings are working, program and channel images added. I switched to testing with an HD Homerun this week so some work went into making that stable.

56eec2042f0e4_TVGuide.png

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sirbyteme

Looks real good!

I have two Samsung TV's (UN32EH5300 & UN40EH5300) ready to do some beta testing whenever you are!

FrostByte

Looks real good!

I have two Samsung TV's (UN32EH5300 & UN40EH5300) ready to do some beta testing whenever you are!

Things are on hold for a bit while cmcg tries to get some things wrapped up this month.  He should be back soon hopefully

Edited by FrostByte

• 1 month later...
brandin.p.lea

I am so excited about this. It looks fantastic so far and cannot wait to start beta testing it. I use a ceton infinitv6 but would a HD homerun work better?

cmcg

I've so far tested against my HD homerun so your feedback on the centon tuner would be gratefully recieved.

• 1 month later...
Marc Morisse

Hi Guys,

Being a french guy living now in the Netherlands, I starting investigating how to use IPTV to see my channels.

I first used Smart IPTV, working fine, now included into Emby Server, including schedule direct EPG (Trial) and all works fine.

Now, when it comes to the Emby Client, I did as follows:

- Downloaded latest beta (2.2.2e), on two different TV's 

- Live TV does not do anything at all, just stays computing for a second or two then back to my previous screen (Movies)

- Only thing that seems to work a little is via Favorites (if I defined some TV channels as favorite in Emby Server) but:

a. Only a very few channels working, others display a "Connexion error"

b. It always plays the same thing everytime you switch to a channel

c. No EPG at all

I am very interested in this feature that would allow me to play all my contents (Movies, TV, Music, Pictures, and now IPTV) from the same client, let me know what I should download or test?

Kind Regards,

Marc

• 4 months later...

I can't wait! I just got Live TV working on my Emby server and I would love to be able to schedule recordings from the Smart TV app. And then my wife would be able to schedule recordings too. :)

You can set programs in the guide to record. Press the record button on your remote once to record, twice to record series and thrice to cancel.

• Like 2