Emby 2.0 DVD Anamorphic Resolution issue

arsim

Guest asrequested

Hi @babgavant, I have completely uninstalled ET from the ACER (completely removed all ET directories in Roaming folder). Re-installed, version 2.0.1 was installed firstly and the problem file played correctly - in full screen mode when using EVR+. After a while I restarted ET and it upgraded to 2.0.9. The problem file is now back to playing in letterbox mode when using EVR+. I checked the .dll and it is still showing as v1.0.0.7 - using the windows properties dialogue. Something is not working correctly... Any suggestions, should I look for (or can you supply) the DX9 runtime files and install them?

Uninstall ET completely then download the new version and install it. That should put 1.0.0.8 on your system.

jordy

Uninstall ET completely then download the new version and install it. That should put 1.0.0.8 on your system.

yep did that 3 times, deleted all the ET folders inside  the AppData\Roaming folder which means that I also deleted the original dll, but still 1.0.0.7 after the re-install...

Guest asrequested

yep did that 3 times, deleted all the ET folders inside  the AppData\Roaming folder which means that I also deleted the original dll, but still 1.0.0.7 after the re-install...

When I uninstalled, it gave me the option of complete removal, I didn't delete any files or folders. Are you choosing that option?

babgvant

The CDN copy hasn't replicated yet, it's overwriting the one that is embedded. I will add support for this condition.

jordy

Just for kicks, I tried again. Process is

1: r/click menu shortcut & select uninstall

2: Control Panel list of installed programs appears, select Emby Theatre choose remove all.

3: after uninstall go to C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming and delete all folders associated with ET - 4 in all including Electron.

4: Restart pc

5: go to Emby website, download ET installer and run it.

6: ET downloads and installs - on opening asks me to choose an available emby server - strange as i thought it would ask me to set the IP address of the machine running Emby.

7: choose server, user and enter pw.

8: check version - 2.0.9

9: go to C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Emby - Theater\ComObjects\babgavant and check EVRPresenter.dll properties - 1.0.0.7.

File still plays in letterbox mode - black bars all round.

Don't know what else I can do - this makes the 4th time I have re-installed today. Twice just uninstalling without blowing away the folders and twice deleting everything I can find.

:(

jordy

The CDN copy hasn't replicated yet, it's overwriting the one that is embedded. I will add support for this condition.

Forgive my question, but if it hasn't replicated yet, where did @ get his v1.0.0.8 from???

Ineedanewname

I've just uninstalled ET and deleted all its folders and re downloaded it and now it won't play any video. The log has this message : 2016-03-22 19:04:13.9981 Error InternalDirectShowPlayer: Couldn't get EVR Presehnter (babgvant)

The DLL is 1.0.0.7

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

jordy

When it finally does replicate, do I/we have to re-install or will it download/update automatically?

babgvant

When it finally does replicate, do I/we have to re-install or will it download/update automatically?

DL automatically. You will be able to force it by removing the txt files.

babgvant

Forgive my question, but if it hasn't replicated yet, where did @ get his v1.0.0.8 from???

CDN are global networks made up of many servers. It's probably on some of them, but not all of them.

I will address the issue where ET isn't aware of the "newness" of the filters embedded w/in. It shouldn't pull down older copies than it ships with.

jordy

DL automatically. You will be able to force it by removing the txt fi

so if i delete babgavant.txt it will force the EVRPresenter.dll to DL or should i remove them all?.

What about the DX9 runtime files - you said they might be missing, where should i look for them?

babgvant

so if i delete babgavant.txt it will force the EVRPresenter.dll to DL or should i remove them all?.

What about the DX9 runtime files - you said they might be missing, where should i look for them?

If you remove lastchecked.txt it will check again. If you delete babgvant.txt (and/or babgvant folder) it will re-DL that component. There isn't any value in doing that until the CDN populates though. No idea how long that takes.

The DX9 runtime can be had from MS's site. Just search for it in Google.

jordy

Must take a long time to replicate in CDN. just deleted the babgvant folder and both text files and still returning dll v1.0.0.7 grrr!

jordy

prob babgvant could post a link here. but I'll be away for a couple of days over Easter so it really doesn't matter. I'll check it in a few days.

babgvant

prob babgvant could post a link here. but I'll be away for a couple of days over Easter so it really doesn't matter. I'll check it in a few days.

Wait for 1.0.0.7 to come down, then replace it with this version.

babgvant.zip

jordy

Thanks. I already have 1.0.0.7 - according to the modified date it was downloaded on 16 March. So I will check when I get back home (couple of days at least) and if not will replace it with this file and let you know what happens.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...