How to Access Web Version of New Emby Theater?

gochiefs88842
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

gochiefs88842

Quick question:

I've read the recent blog entry about the new Emby Theater (Windows and online client) and wanted to give the online client a try this morning.  Per the blog instructions, I followed the first link, then hit "next," then noted the PIN it gave me on this web address and clicked the link on that page and entered it along with my username and password on this page and hit "submit" (successfully).  

Now what?  There are no further instructions and nothing automatically logged me in.  My understanding was that even though I won't be able to stream anything with Emby Theater's new online client (until I purchase Emby Premiere), I'd still be able to navigate it to appreciate the UI/features. Just want to take a test drive before I buy.    

Edited by gochiefs88842

• Solution
Vidman

You need to have both the first link open and showing the pin and the emby.media/pin page open at the same time (use a new tab or your smartphone to open emby.media/pin) and login in with your emby connect details and the pin then the page/tab with emby theatre app will validate and load

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

gochiefs88842

Thanks, Vidman.  I did as you instructed and the first page then did refesh/load a new page with three boxes ("My Existing Server," "New Server" and "Emby Connect"). When I clicked on my server, it gave me a connection failure popup.  I knew I don't have a legitimate connection issue because I am remotely accessing the Web App on another tab without issue.  It then became apparent that the new Emby Theater Web Client was only accessible for me via HTTP, not HTTPS.  Any thoughts on why that is?

As an aside, Luke, you may want to change the dialog box on the first link referenced above to instruct users to keep that page open and to access the username/password/PIN entry page on a separate tab (and/or force that link to be opened in a new tab/window).

Edited by gochiefs88842