Cant Schedule a Recording (Version 3.0.5881.0)

Erik
Go to solution Solved by Erik,

Erik

As the title says, i can get to the recording window, but clicking on it doesn't have any effect and when i back out of the windows and check for scheduled recordings, there is none present for the selected show.

No errors in the log, almost like the record button doesn't do anything.

Thanks.

Erik

Tried Edge and chrome, even cleared the cache.

I'll do another restart in a minute to capture a fresh log.

Erik

Ok, Restarted, tried to setup to record a couple of different shows. Same result. Log attached.

• Solution
Erik

@@Luke

Figured it out. the new server version doesn't like that i changed the padding to 0.25 (15 seconds) in the config file. As soon as returned it to 1 minute it all functioned ok again.

Self-induced.

Side Note: I would like to put it out there that the less than a minute padding was working great for not spoiling previous shows when i had it set to less than 1 minute.

Thanks,

Erik

The padding is stored as an integer. If you replace it with a decimal value I would expect it to have problems. Problem as in failure to parse the xml. How it was working before, I don't know, my guess is your customization wasn't actually being used.

• Like 1

Erik

It's possible, I checked every series recording, about 1/2 had the 0.25 in there (I removed it). And they were working I believe. But now it defitely doesn't. Serves me right for trying to circumvent the system on this one.

I had changed the config file to 15 seconds so maybe that's why it worked but in any case, back to running normally now.

Thanks for the quick response though.

Erik

Edited by Erik