Live TV and QAM with Schedules direct...

kmanus

kmanus

Been searching for an answer to this, and I keep running into dead-ends.  I have two HDHR tuners using QAM.  I can load the channels into Emby, but I can not get SD to map to the channels.  I am on Mediacom cable, and the lineup.json file in HDHR lists channels like this:

"{"GuideNumber":"5001","GuideName":"Unknown","URL":"http://192.168.1.88:5004/auto/v5001"}"

Obviously, there is not enough information being given by the cableco or the HDHR to allow proper mapping to the channels.  The numbers range from 5001-5048.  Of the 48 channels I have, I will probably use less than 20.  The problem arises, because based on my searching, there is no way to manually map these channels... is that correct? I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty with json or xml, or whatever needs to be changed.

Please help, I'm about to run out of my free trial with SD, and I'd like to know that I can get this all working before I sign up, (and ditch WMC in the process.)

Thanks!

Edited by kmanus

Hi, welcome. Unfortunately, you might just have to wait until we provide the ability to specify your own channel mappings between the HDHR and the SD data. I can't promise when that will happen but it has actually been bumped up a little due to some other new features we're working on depending on it.

kmanus

Man, I tell you... one step away from dropping WMC entirely and... *poof*   stuck with it a while longer...

Just out of curiosity, is the solution going to involve the "External ID's" field under the Metadata manager?  For some reason I can't select that field (really there is no field,) under the individual stations.... seems like it would make the most sense there, as SD seems to have ID's for each channel...

no it's probably going to be a process of using a dropdown box to select which channel in SD should correspond to which channel on your HDHR.

kmanus

I also can not delete the OTA channels I was testing with the last few days (cable was installed at my new house today.)  I've deleted and re-added the tuners, I've refreshed the guide data, nothing will get rid of them.  I look forward to seeing more robust controls for live tv and adding/hiding/deleting channels.

Thanks for all your hard work!