349 replies to this topic

#341 bfir3 OFFLINE  

bfir3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Local time: 09:59 PM

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:58 PM

Not a major issue, just thought I'd mention it.

40 seconds seems quite significant just to load a page.

• CBers likes this

#342 T800 OFFLINE  

T800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Local time: 08:59 PM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:53 AM

I'm on the latest stable build and my Amazon Fire TV is now working again with 'Next Up TV"

#343 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15025 posts
  • Local time: 08:59 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:53 AM

40 seconds seems quite significant just to load a page.

It is when you're waiting for it, but I don't use the Web Client that often :)

#344 Tuxedo OFFLINE  

Tuxedo

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Local time: 12:59 PM
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:17 PM

Updated to the latest OSX build a couple days ago and things have gone pretty smoothly. I have server logs that were showing 800+ seconds of delay responding to the requests for things like Next Up, which meant that would never load on the Nvidia Shield TV. Now, it's loaded in only a few seconds.

Pretty much all lists have sped up to something useful. The workaround I was using to watch stuff was to go into the alphabetical lists and pick out stuff from there, but some of those rows weren't populating. The 'D' row, specifically, would never load, and I think The Daily Show was killing it. Before the update, even if I managed to get into TDS (from the All Items view) episodes wouldn't play at all, but it all seems to be working again now.

#345 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140337 posts
  • Local time: 03:59 PM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:37 PM

Thanks for the report.

#346 swhitmore OFFLINE  

swhitmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2686 posts
  • Local time: 04:59 AM
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:32 PM

Just another update on this now that it's been a few weeks. With the combination of the following, Emby is now preforming close to what it was about a year ago

• New SSD,
  • Changing my server from WHS 2011 to Win10,
  • The recent updates to Emby server,

Images can sometimes still take a few seconds to popup, but everything is still there. Does anyone know if changing my metadata save location from local with the media, to the SSD, will improve image load times?

Thanks for all your help solving this problem. It's been a big one for me for a long time.

#347 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 16229 posts
  • Local time: 12:59 PM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:51 PM

I thought cached images were presented to the clients, if so then with media or centralized won't make a difference.

• swhitmore likes this

#348 swhitmore OFFLINE  

swhitmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2686 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:44 PM

I thought cached images were presented to the clients, if so then with media or centralized won't make a difference.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I'm surprised loading images is still slow with the SSD.

#349 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140337 posts
  • Local time: 03:59 PM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:52 PM

Cached images are presented to clients. They are cached on both sides, both server and client, although not every client app has the ability to control the size of the cache and how long it lives for. Serving images is largely CPU bound, not storage-bound, in that it requires processing on the fly to convert the images to the size the client needs. If you use the Cover Art plugin, this is noticeably increased due to additional processing, and also the fact that cover art images require transparency, so we often have to convert to png which can result in larger output sizes.

• swhitmore likes this

#350 swhitmore OFFLINE  

swhitmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2686 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:02 PM

Thanks Luke. I don't use Cover At for this reason. Would it be possible for the user to control the size of the Emby Theatre cache? I use this as my main client on 2 TV's, and would love faster images on them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nextup, latest, items, slow, loading

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users