How to block Client/Data Collection, but not lose Premier on Windows

MSattler

SkyBehind

So your "right" to statistics outweighs our right to privacy?

I would just like a list of what is sent? I notice in the source that it appears the username are sent?

I assume this is for connect? Which i don't use and never will.

Can i also assume that my ip & my ddns is logged along with my mac address which is matched to my email?

Do you know what I am watching and when?

With your statement you acknowledge that users will opt out because they don't want unknown data sent and stored in a database who's security is unknown.

If you inform users what is sent, why it is sent, how it is stored maybe they wont opt out.

Just wanted to point out that you don't have a "right" to privacy regarding a private organization.  Though I agree it should be an option, at least for Premiere members, you have no right.

• Like 1

You do have a right to privacy, where your personal information is at risk. Metrics do not fall into the realm of "your" personal information.

By using computer technology, companies can legally collect information about consumers, including what they buy, what medications they take, what sites on the internet they have visited, and what their credit history is. Computer software can organize this data and prepare it for sale and use by direct marketing companies, lending institutions, insurance companies, and credit bureaus.

But it would be nice of companies to be forthcoming in their privacy policy that the actions of consumers are being monitored, tracked, or used for metrics. When you mention what you are doing, then its nice to allow them to not participate at the same time.

Some people "wear tinfoil hats", which is what others have used to describe anyone with an opinion other than their own. At least in this thread those people using the term "tinfoil hat" in a disparaging way are behaving ignorantly. No matter the hat you wear, or its powers or lack of, deserves respect when being worn.

A truly non-deceptive company makes all interactions they may have now, or in the future, with the customer known ahead of time in print. This makes it transparent to the user their "beliefs" are more important than the companies "right" to collect this information.

So its not paranoia, or just believing that radio signals invade your thoughts and control you requiring that tinfoil to keep them out. Its about respecting your customers as humans with opinions and beliefs that may not be the same as your own.

Hopefully everyone understands now what the real point here is. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
jackkeller

I'm new here and just browsing these forums.  

I have to say, it does say something about the devs/mods that this topic - as well as allowing instructions on how to block the tracking - wasn't deleted or locked..

It speaks to me on motives (I am aware as well, that they even added the option.)

• 11 months later...
Untoten

We don't collect crashes or timeouts or anything like that. I do think that info could help us because the info that google provides when you agree to crash reports is very useful. But like all things, only so much time to spend on it.

@@Luke I would actually be willing to provide more specific info if the ip/username/mac was not logged. I would be willing to provide per device data, video filetype, upload speed, etc.  I want to help you guys as much as I can, but I believe this 'advanced logging' should be opt-in only as well.  Love you guys :) I just read your interview btw Luke, very awesome.  But of course SSL is my first priority and then LDAP/SSO, again, willing to pay considerably ;)

schmitty

Yes. I also think it would be helpful to include direct play or transcode problems, or any other vital piece of information ie. server or client crashes. Rather than solely relying on users posting bug reports to the forums or github.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by schmitty
  • Like 1