Migrating from MB.tv to Emby - Can't play content

ktcred

ktcred

Just installed Emby for the first time today on my Windows 7 WMC setup.  I'm a long (very long) time user of MediaBrowser.  I just purchased a NAS and migrated all of my content to it over the weekend.  I noticed after migrating that my legacy MediaBrowser setup couldn't locate the content on my NAS for playback via my 360 extenders (plays fine on my PC that has a mount to the NAS).  While troubleshooting, I decided to just install Emby and the QNAP Emby app.  I now have the QNAP app configured and the WMC app installed on my Win 7 machine, but I cannot get the content to playback; I can only browse my collection.  There is no play button anywhere to be found.  Thoughts?

Recap

• QNAP NAS Emby App installed
  • Windows 7 WMC with Emby TV App
  • Win 7 Emby app does browse the content on my NAS just fine
  • Can't find a way to play back the content, which used to work fine on MediaBrowser. I can go all the way down to the details of a show/movie, but I can't play
  • I have this issue for .avi, .mwv, and .mp4 content, so I don't think it is a content container issue
  • I can play back the content if I go directly to my NAS IP and the Emby NAS app

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

ktcred

Is this something I can solve with "path substitutions?"  I have my content setup via the QNAP app under the folder /share/Multimedia.  Within that folder, I have "TV Shows" and "Movies."  On my Win 7 machine, I can access those same folders either by going to the mapped drive "B:\TV Shows" or "B:\Movies" or through the network share "\\NAME_OF_NAS\Movies"

Hi, are you able to play using the emby web interface? i would start there. Also - the version in the Qnap web interface is out of date. We're still waiting on QNAP to publish the update. In the meantime, you can update to the latest version from the Qnap forums:

http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=109476

ktcred

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I did confirm it plays through the web browser.

Interestingly enough, I also got the content to play via my 360 WMC extender. I'll try restarting my home PC and see if that fixes my PC WMC.

I did get blue borders around the video on my extender. Is the registry hack for each extender the only way to fix?

You said there are no play buttons?  Can you show us a screen shot of that?

Have you tried pressing the play button on your remote?

Logos302

Is this something I can solve with "path substitutions?"  I have my content setup via the QNAP app under the folder /share/Multimedia.  Within that folder, I have "TV Shows" and "Movies."  On my Win 7 machine, I can access those same folders either by going to the mapped drive "B:\TV Shows" or "B:\Movies" or through the network share "\\NAME_OF_NAS\Movies"

Maybe description of how you have your library setup in emby server.  Course even if you have it setup "wrong" the server usually finds away to make it play.  

ktcred

Again, thanks for the quick replies.  So, funny enough, it actually works fine after all.  The situation is with the resolution of the WMC window.  There is no way to play (I don't have a remote for my desktop) the content unless I maximize the window.  Furthermore, I have to maximize the window on a high resolution display.  Meaning...

• WMC open on any display, I cannot get the play information to display, even if I attempt to expand the window
  • If I go to full screen on my 1024 x 768 display, I still don't see the content (same as above and attached)
  • If I go to full screen on my 1680 x 1050 display, I see the option to play the content

------

OK, this just got interesting.  I went ahead and changed some display options, but reverted them back, and now the play model works just fine.  Very strange.  So, the case is closed and I basically didn't do anything.  Odd.

The problem is the 4:3 aspect ratio.  Some screens simply aren't supporting that anymore.