Issue with playlists

edejaeger

edejaeger

Hello,

I would like to report an issue I am having with the playlists : sometimes, I can get the playlists as I click on the "Playlists" folder, but 99.9% of the time it takes more than 10min to display them. There are only 14 tracks in the first one and 3 in the second one.

I guess it is the moment to build the playlists' names which takes so much time because, when I just want to add a track into one of them, the interface is populated after more than 5min : most of the time, the songs have ended before I can select the list where I want it to be added into !

You may understand that I cannot manage a playlist with such an issue. I tried to add just 2 track manually into the XML files, just for a try, but I can't see them. It may come from the cache management on the server side..?

Emby server is v3.0.5871.0, running under MS-Windows 10 (French).

I mostly use the Web Interface (generally under Edge).

Please help !

Many thanks by advanced.

B.R.

Eric

FrostByte

It's been this way for awhile I believe.  I can add one song, but after that it seems to take forever to populate the dropdown list of playlists after clicking "Add to playlist".  Making a playlist is kind of painful using the webclient.  I recently made a feature request to also allow to select multiple songs (like you can when adding movies to a collection or playlist) which would help a little if selecting songs from the same album, etc

I tried to add just 2 track manually into the XML files, just for a try, but I can't see them. It may come from the cache management on the server side..?

Agree, added lines to the xml never get recognized even after a scan and changes are eventually wiped out almost like it's reading from somewhere else other than the playlist folder

edejaeger

It's been this way for awhile I believe.  I can add one song, but after that it seems to take forever to populate the dropdown list of playlists after clicking "Add to playlist".  Making a playlist is kind of painful using the webclient.  I recently made a feature request to also allow to select multiple songs (like you can when adding movies to a collection or playlist) which would help a little if selecting songs from the same album, etc

Agree, added lines to the xml never get recognized even after a scan and changes are eventually wiped out almost like it's reading from somewhere else other than the playlist folder

Hi, FrostByte !

Many thanks for your message. I am happy not to be the only one in that situation (even if it is not satisfying).

I still use Windows Media Player for the list management, which I find to be still really efficient, and wanted to develop a tiny tool to convert the WPL-format playlists into the XML-format for Emby, but I understand it would only make me waste my time as it should not be taken into account by the server.

I hope they will solve this issue very quickly, I cannot imagine it to be hard to do, and it makes the playlists totally unuseful !

About your change request, there is a half-way to do what you need using the search feature : it is possible to multi-select items in the list of the items found.

B.R.

Eric

• Like 1

FrostByte

About your change request, there is a half-way to do what you need using the search feature : it is possible to multi-select items in the list of the items found.

Cool, thanks

edejaeger

Cool, thanks

Hello !

I have a very good new input !!! Since the very last update (on the server side), the playlists are fast to manage !

It does not solve the design of the interface, but at we can one add tracks really quickly :-)

Eric D. J.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Yep, making playlists in Emby is painful, started a thread for tips on how to do this efficiently, got zero responses

FrostByte

Hello !

I have a very good new input !!! Since the very last update (on the server side), the playlists are fast to manage !

It does not solve the design of the interface, but at we can one add tracks really quickly :-)

Eric D. J.

They have gotten a lot faster, thanks

FrostByte

Yep, making playlists in Emby is painful, started a thread for tips on how to do this efficiently, got zero responses

I'll have to look for your other thread, I think multiple select of songs within an album would be nice (not a whole album).  Though so would being able to see more than 100 songs within a playlist too :)

edejaeger

Hello !

0 answer ? :-(

Could you post me the URL of your topic ? Let's make some noise ! :-)

Many thanks by advanced.

B.R.

Eric D. J.

edejaeger

I'll have to look for your other thread, I think multiple select of songs within an album would be nice (not a whole album).  Though so would being able to see more than 100 songs within a playlist too :)

Hi !

I have installed the Modern App months ago (published by 7illusions). When I open a playlist, I can see all the content (about 105 tracks for the moment) but the Web application stops at about 100 items (I did not count them).

It's sure that developing an interface to manage the lists as a thin client is not as easy as a fat client :-s.

B.R.

Eric D. J.

edejaeger

Hello !

0 answer ? :-(

Could you post me the URL of your topic ? Let's make some noise ! :-)

Many thanks by advanced.

B.R.

Eric D. J.

I have found your topic (it was easy to find !) :-)

FrostByte

I have installed the Modern App months ago (published by 7illusions). When I open a playlist, I can see all the content (about 105 tracks for the moment) but the Web application stops at about 100 items (I did not count them).

That's good until you want to delete a track from your playlist which comes after 100 which that app won't do :)  I'm sure it will be sorted out eventually

• 4 months later...
prpecora

Does anyone have a problem with rearranging the play order in a playlist. When I drag and drop to rearrange, the song names move, but the orig song still plays, making the name  wrong. Is this a common problem?

Latest Emby server, Win 10, three different Internet browsers.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a problem with rearranging the play order in a playlist. When I drag and drop to rearrange, the song names move, but the orig song still plays, making the name  wrong. Is this a common problem?

Latest Emby server, Win 10, three different Internet browsers.

Hi, yes I can reproduce this. We'll look into it, thanks.

• 1 year later...
The next release of Emby Server will support importing playlists of the following formats:

• m3u

• pls

• wpl

• zpl

Enjoy.

• Like 1