Auto subtitles switching

MndWrp

Hey all...

Here's a neat feature i noticed in the netflix app on my nexus player and it would be a nice addition to emby (i dont think its done already...)

Most of my videos have more than one audio track, usually French end the default English. Most videos have subtitles, forced and regular ones.

The forced subs obviously go along the matching language but when you switch audio track when already playing, it should/could switch the corresponding forced subs along with it.

I noticed that this works quite well in the netflix app and would be a nifty feature to have here i think! ...wife and kids factor in mind.....

Doable? Possible? Already done and i don't know about it...?

It's not quite the same thing, but if you set your subtitle preference to Smart it will generally choose the right one out of the box when you click the play button.

I know and i love that feature... it's when switching audio track that this feature would be nice to have.

I always figured the forced subs to be a companion of a given audio track. It would just be nice and logical to have them switch together.

Keep up the good work guys !

Edited by MndWrp