Netflix for Win 7?

hansolo77

hansolo77

I just installed Media Browser 3.  While perusing the various new features, I saw there was a Netflix app for the Theater client.  I would like more information about it.  Does it HAVE to be on Windows 8?  I only have Windows 7.  The built in Netflix app for Media Center on Windows 7 is lacking some major functionality, especially since Microsoft has apparently lost all interest in keeping it updated.  Netflix now has Profiles, which causes the Win7 Netflix app to crash.  Also, Netflix now has "My List" instead of "Instant Queue" which doesn't seem to work anymore on Win7.  Lastly, There are limitation in the Win7 app that I don't like; namely, only retrieving a listing of 75 movies per category, and only listing about 8 categories where if you use the website there are literally 20 or so (with subcategories for each (like Sci-Fi -> Action Sci-Fi, Mystery Sci-Fi, Horror Sci-Fi, Anime Sci-Fi, etc)).  I'd really like to have a more enriching Netflix experience and the fact that there is an active development for a new app, I'd like to take part in it.  Unfortunately it says it's limited to Windows 8 only.  Why is that?  Are there plans to make it available for us Windows 7 users in the future?

That plug-in isn't actually an app.  It simply launches the Win 8 Netflix app.  That is why it only works for Win 8.

The Netflix API is closed.  They won't let people like us develop our own interface.  While this is disappointing, I do understand why.  They are trying to create a unified experience across all platforms (this can be seen with their new clients on various devices).