[Feature request] Chromecast transcoding options in web client remote

runtimesandbox
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

runtimesandbox

It would be great if a transcoding setting was avaliable in the Web client remote when Chromecasting something to a TV. The same settings you get when playing in the Web client. (resolution / bandwidth options)

The Chromecast always tries to play the full file and the highest quality even when using it external to your network.

This does not work on high quality files due to bandwidth limitations.

Would it be possible for something like this to be implemented?

runtimesandbox

Haha is it? Any clue as to where? :)

I've tried all the options on the remote and never got the option to change the quality.

• Solution

there isn't one on the remote but in the app's playback settings you can set the chromecast bitrate.

automatic is recommended though because it will perform bandwidth tests on the fly to try and measure a playable limit.

• Like 1

runtimesandbox

Is this in the android app or on the server?

I can't get the android app to work outside of my home network. It work using the Web client from a laptop.

How does the bandwidth test work? I'm not sure it's working when going through my network.

runtimesandbox

there isn't one on the remote but in the app's playback settings you can set the chromecast bitrate.

automatic is recommended though because it will perform bandwidth tests on the fly to try and measure a playable limit.

ignore me, figured out where it is in the web client. DOH  :lol:

make sure to set it in the app you're casting from because it's the app that sends the bitrate to chromecast

runtimesandbox

Thanks Luke

It was the webclient on a laptop I was casting from. Found the chromecast settings when you click on profile :)

• Like 1