DLNA "Play To" no longer working (on LG TV).

Quiffster

Quiffster

Hi,

Since the update to 3.0.5871 (I've tried the betas too) I can no longer use the android app, nor the web client to play media to my LG TV.

The app and web offers the TV as a target but pressing the green play arrow button has no effect at all. In fact, even using the web client, sometimes the play button doesn't even appear.

Happy to post screenshots and logs, just wanted to see if others are experiencing the same issue?

Steve.

Quiffster

I should mention this is regarding DLNA Play To functionality only. 'Pulling' via DLNA (choosing the emby server, and navigating the folders on the tv) works OK.

Evening folks,

I had the same problem with my Bravia and Version 3.0.5895.0.

A simple power cycle should get it working.

1. Power off the TV from the wall.
  2. Shutdown Emby.
  3. Start Emby.
  4. Wait 2 minutes.
  5. Power up TV

All is working again as the logs show  :)

2016-03-02 21:42:23.5066 Info Dlna: DLNA Session created for BRAVIA KDL-42W829B - KDL-42W829B

aftert the restart of today, im having the same problem, my LG TV isnt showing on Emby client(s),

Im attaching the log, thanks

try turning off the tv and putting it back on. i think there is one area we need to improve with dlna device detection. sometimes if you have devices already running when you start emby server, it takes a little while for it to notice them. But if you start up the device while emby server is running, it picks it up straight away.

comarcat

hello, I tryed twice and a couple of restars of emby, right now im waiting to see if my TV appear back on the clients, to be clear first i shutdown the emby server then turned on and finally turn on the TV but the problem isnt solved :( well i hope my tv will appear soon

that's the tv detecting the server and making inquiries about it. the PlayTo detection is different and in that log I don't see anything related to it.

Quiffster

Hi, please provide the server log, thanks.

Hi Luke, I'm away for a few days - will post a log file when I get back.

For now - I was wondering if this issue was happening to everyone / anyone - or if it was just related to my setup?

Thanks

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
icthusman1

Hi Luke, I'm away for a few days - will post a log file when I get back.

For now - I was wondering if this issue was happening to everyone / anyone - or if it was just related to my setup?

Thanks

Steve.

I was able to "Play to" my LG WebOS 2.0 tv last night just fine from the web interface. Running latest stable server. Posted in the Win10 app forum about that app sending the wrong item to the tv, but the web interface worked flawlessly. Only issue I had was that the bar showing progress on the web interface doesn't update once I turned off the screen on my device I used to start the play to session.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am testing now with a 2015 LG with the latest beta Emby Server, and both Dlna Play To and the Dlna Server are working out of the box with no problems. Please try again. Thanks.