Samsung smart TV no longer finding media over DLNA

Bazzz

Since a few days ago my Samsung Smart TVs (2 in total) are no longer able to find any media on Emby. They do find the Emby server fine but claim that there are no videos/photos/etc. stored on it. I also have a Sony smart TV which is working fine. I have checked the log files and found the info below. I believe this might be relevant because the TV is called '[TV]Vesta' so it seems to fail at updating something. What can I do to make my Samsung TVs find the media on Emby again. Just for the record, both TVs have worked with Emby for months. They stopped working a few days ago.

2016-02-27 14:46:30.4169 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.178.37:8096/dlna/c3935fd57afa3f2d582f256e21d0cbd3/icons/logo120.png. UserAgent: 
2016-02-27 14:46:30.4325 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.178.22. Time: 16ms. http://192.168.178.37:8096/dlna/c3935fd57afa3f2d582f256e21d0cbd3/icons/logo120.png
2016-02-27 14:46:31.8365 Error Dlna: Error updating device info for [TV]Vesta
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5871.0
	Command line: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 2
	64-Bit OS: False
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Unable to connect to the remote server
	System.Net.WebException
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1b.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient.<SendCommandAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<GetTransportInfo>d__84.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<TimerCallback>d__54.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
	No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.178.28:7676
	   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
	   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

Edited by Bazzz

can confirm the above - have 2 samsung tv's - both find server ok but one claims there are no media as above. everthing working great for months but last couple of days it has stopped working. updated to latest beta server and problem remains.

At least im not the only one. What has changed to cause this?

Ah, well, it's always good to hear that using the same set-up (Emby + Samsung TVs), someone else has the EXACT same problem as I have. At least that indicates that it is not something regarding my specific case. I see you installed the beta for the next version and that did not help, but is there a way to go back a few versions of Emby? Perhaps an older version will work for now and a future update will solve the issue?

One of my Samsung TVs has a "recently played" list and if I pick one of those items, it plays fine. The problem really is listing the media content of Emby. Finding the server and playing files seems to work.

Edited by Bazzz

DNLA for Samsung TV's is broken guys. Server no longer picks up as active device. Also IOS app no longer recognises my 2 samsung TV's. As above posts but seems to be getting worse.

DNLA for Samsung TV's is broken guys. Server no longer picks up as active device. Also IOS app no longer recognises my 2 samsung TV's. As above posts but seems to be getting worse.

Update on above post - after a couple of hours the Samsung TVS and XBOX One suddenly appeared on server as active devices and the IOS app now sees them under select player. Still cant find any content on one TV using the remote to connect to emby server. This is weird. I think someone else has reported the same behaviour. Ive attached updated server log.

server-63592275747.txt

Same as above happening today. After a couple of hours the tv's and Xbox one show up on server. Is this being looked into ? Is it a more general problem? Also noticed that iOS app is slower than it was in getting info from server.

can you guys download the windows zip of 3.0.5821:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/tag/3.0.5821

Unzip it somewhere, anywhere, and then run it. It will be a portable install so you'll have to run through the setup wizard again. just setup a small test library. let me know if the issue persists in that release. do not try to overwrite your existing install with that version though. Thanks.

shorty1483

Also had this problem last weeks @@Luke Today i tried latest server version and DLNA on my Samsung TV recognizing content again. Did you change something in latest Dev Server versions? Currently on 3.0.5904.24687

• 2 weeks later...
george3430

Hi,

I do not know if this is related to the Samsung smart TV issues but here goes anyway

I run emby on freenas ver 9.3. and it has been running exceptionally well until I recently updated to version 3.0.5871. Now my Panasonic Vierra 55AS740 does not see any content in any of the library's ... it finds the libraries but no content. Any ideas?

Regards

George3430

Hi,

I do not know if this is related to the Samsung smart TV issues but here goes anyway

I run emby on freenas ver 9.3. and it has been running exceptionally well until I recently updated to version 3.0.5871. Now my Panasonic Vierra 55AS740 does not see any content in any of the library's ... it finds the libraries but no content. Any ideas?

Regards

George3430

Hi, welcome. That's no longer the latest so try updating again.

chef

can you guys download the windows zip of 3.0.5821:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/tag/3.0.5821

Unzip it somewhere, anywhere, and then run it. It will be a portable install so you'll have to run through the setup wizard again. just setup a small test library. let me know if the issue persists in that release. do not try to overwrite your existing install with that version though. Thanks.

Since I was having trouble with my xbox one being recognized I tried this version that Luke posted. It still wasn't able to recognize my xbox one. However I have written an app to log if the xbox one is ever recognized through the day using this version of the server. Tonight I'll look at the log and see if it ever worked.

LqHnyBear

Version 3.0.5821 worked fine. Upon restarting my tv and xbox one they both appeared in emby. I already had both turned on when I installed and ran 3.0.5821 but they didn't appear until I turned them off then back on for some reason even after 15 minutes.

george3430

Hi, welcome. That's no longer the latest so try updating again.

Not available on FreeNAS yet :-(

George3430