MBC "Cannot contact MB Server or the internet"

Starlionblue

Starlionblue

Greetings.

I'm trying out MB Classic. It works in Media Center, as in I can log in, browser and play content. My content is on a NAS and MB Server is running on another machine.

The problems start when I run MBC Configurator I get an error. See attached screenshot. MBC Configurator then works, sort of. When I click "More Plug-Ins" the list is blank. See attached screenshot.

A related issue is that in MB Server I can't find plugins either. See attached screenshot. Sometimes I get a yellow error, but it flashes by too quickly to read. MB Server updates do download, however.

Any help much appreciated.

A

post-1672-0-94505900-1387607430_thumb.jpg
post-1672-0-69127100-1387607867_thumb.jpg
post-1672-0-36183300-1387607886_thumb.jpg

post-1672-0-94505900-1387607430_thumb.jpg

post-1672-0-69127100-1387607867_thumb.jpg

post-1672-0-36183300-1387607886_thumb.jpg

Edited by Starlionblue

Starlionblue

In a possibly related issue, I just tried to enter my supporter key but I get "Missing or Invalid". Can't reach the MB server again?

Starlionblue

Hi ebr.

You mean the dashboard on the web interface? "Installed server plugins" seems to work but since I can't install plugins it is empty.

I finally managed to read the error that flashes briefly when I bring up the plugin catalog screen. "The remote server returned an error (417)"

A

Starlionblue

I don't use a proxy. I do suspect my ISP has some sort of accelerator/proxy somewhere though. Never affected things like this though.

A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I mean the plug-in catalog.  The button next to "Installed Server Plugins".

If you are seeing a "yellow message" then you are talking about the dashboard/web interface, not MBC and this sounds like a global problem with you getting to our server.

Starlionblue

Yeah I get the yellow message at the catalog.

Agreed about it being a global issue since I can't download plugins in mbc either.

I'm baffled. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starlionblue

Ok so this is weird. In Internet Options, under the "content" tab and "LAN Settings", I unchecked "Automatically Detect Settings". That solved it in both MediaBrowser web interface and MBC Configurator.  :D

If I re-check it the problem returns. Any idea why?

Edited by Starlionblue