YTrailers: Possibility for Extra Functionality / Features ??

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

First, before I begin, in light of all the hub-bub around trailers at the moment, is it OK to be talking about this 3rd-party tool within the Emby forums?

- If not, please feel free to lock this thread and I'll make contact with Radeon via PM.

- If yes, then [in oldskool Warcraft 1 peasant voice] "Off we go then"!

Hey @@radeon,

Thanks heaps for the YTrailers tool. I fired it off last night and after a little more than 3hrs, it was done doing what it needed to do   :lol:  So yes, thanks for that, very much appreciated.

I was hoping though that maybe, there might be the possibility of some extra functionality or features added to it, perhaps maybe for paying customers?

I'm not sure how YTrailers searches for and then decides to grab what it grabs, but would it be possible at all if the user could have some input and set some pre-reqs, like...

• min/max file size?
  • min/max resolution?
  • # of trailers to download?
  • location of where to store trailers?
  • etc.

I noticed this morning after checking on YTrailers efforts that most of what it had grabbed overnight were all very small in size and thus by my reckoning of low quality (at least the one I did open was anyhow).

Did you have any plans to further develop this plugin? Sorry, I don't know how old this plugin is and I'm not sure as to whether you're a one-man-band or not regarding YTrailers development.

Anyhow, just thought I would ask and see where it gets me as you don't know if you don't ask   ;)

Thanks again @@radeon.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
kpostertag

I can't even get it to work....it shows up as a plugin and I put in my key but it doesn't appear to get any trailers....is there something else I need to do?

CBers

I can't even get it to work....it shows up as a plugin and I put in my key but it doesn't appear to get any trailers....is there something else I need to do?

Do you have a Scheduled Task setup, or have you run it manually?

I am not sure... Nothing shows up as a scheduled task.... What downloaded was just a .dll file and I copied it into the directory, found the plug in through Emby and saved my activation key. I don't see a way to run it manually or scheduled.

mediacowboy

It should be under the scheduled tasks. If your running a older server version you may need to ask for the older dll.

• Like 1

Yeah nothing comes up for it under scheduled tasks.... Any suggestions? Maybe try to download it again? I was supposed to unzip it right?

MrWebsmith

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/2007-movie-theme-videos-plugin-questions-and-support-thread/page-27&do=findComment&comment=380145

hey guys... there were dev changes that did that  (the no scheduled task thing) and you have to grab new dll from radeon's site for any of his non-catalog plugins..

So I redownloaded, deleted the dll that was in there and put the new dll in the correct folder.  I then re entered my key and it said settings saved.  Still nothing.  Restarted the server, nothing.  Restarted the computer nothing.  This never shows up in my scheduled tasks.  Any further ideas?  Maybe I got a bad key?  Is it supposed to say activated or something?  It just says settings saved.

Edit:  So I looked through the other forum and it appears you need to be on 3.0.9.0 now which is a beta version.  I tried to find the setting to update from release to beta and it appears to be missing?  Maybe I am not looking in the right place....where is this under now?

Edited by Bert

Downloaded and installed beta from website and all works now. Weird that I have to go to beta to use this tool but whatever.... Works now thanks.

Vidman

So what you needed was actually an older version of the .DLL all you did was replace the updated version you originally downloaded with another copy of the same file. It was just a fluke in timing that you happened to originally download a brand new release of the .DLL before a compatible stable version of the server was released

Edited by Vidman

• 5 months later...
Mopar_Mudder

I really wish their had been a demo for this. Why does it not download HD trailers? I have always used Meta Browser in the past but have been trying to get everything to happen in Emby, downloading trailers was my last piece of the puzzle. For instance Rogue One Ytrailers downloads a 18MG video that is 1280x720, MetaBrowser downloads a 31MG that is 1920x1080 for the same movie. Why no option for resolution of download?

• Like 1