Auto sort isn't responding anymore

Maximus Naxsus

Maximus Naxsus

Dear Admin and Emby users,

My Emby Server is refusing to auto sort my new items :-(

I allready had some (more general) issues, I had to hand feed a lot of episode to it because the series title name wasn't an exact match, like 'Law and Order' vs 'Law & Order'..

It started after the latest update: Version 3.0.5871.0.

I'm running Windows 10, x64.

If I trigger a manual sort the pages will refresh and show no new items. There are at least 20 items to be sorted..

I'll be monitoring this topic in order to respond quickly.

Thanks in advance for any reply,

M. N.

Log.txt

Edited by Maximus Naxsus

2016-02-25 06:56:12.8742 Error App: Error getting files from F:\DownloadTroep\uTorrent\Fini
	The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

Try going into that folder and deleting files that have a really long name.

Maximus Naxsus

Thanks Luke, feel kinda stupid that I hadn't thought about that. I got my self a nice copy of Forest Gump that experienced some issues regarding the file name. I actually downloaded it at the same time I updated the server.

It is possible for you to report back if an issue occurs? If nothing happens a little feedback that the server is aware that something isn't quit right would be great.

Thank again, sorry for the future request, I know you're a busy guy and I love your work!

I'll update this threat shortly..

UPDATE:

Fixed!

I have some suggestions about the sorting methods however I would like to know if there is any time, energy or interest to tweak this a little. If not at this moment or month, I would understand completely.

Edited by Maximus Naxsus

I have some suggestions about the sorting methods however I would like to know if there is any time, energy or interest to tweak this a little. If not at this moment or month, I would understand completely.

There is a new feature called "Smart Match" which allows you to assign certain match strings in the file name to an existing series. It is currently included in the beta.

In the future we will have the ability to create new series and organize movies within the auto-organize dialog.