Sync Support

dcrdev

dynomite567

I agree I am a new user here, I like all the features this has to offer (Former plex user here) and want to buy premiere but the thing stopping me is that my entire family has ios devices, and finding out that offline sync is not available for iOS devices yet is a big issue (we go on a lot of trips sometimes). Unfortunately, I am going to have to stick with Plex for the time being.

Although, if I hear that download is working on the beta or it is released (as I have heard there was a download button on the iOS beta currently but it's not working) I will definitely fork out the money to get premiere as this is a better piece of software than Plex.

Recent issues with the video player have unfortunately forced us to focus on that. Some of them being our issues, some of them being platform defects. Nonetheless, we are currently revamping that and you see some great positive feedback by checking out the beta thread for it:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57242-150-new-video-player/

The sync feature will be next for the app once we get through this. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Longrifle

The real question is: if the sync is implemented, will it include the main playback issue the app is having right now (backward jumps)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have only noticed backward jumps when I have a weak internet connection, I thought it was a type of buffering.. when I connect at home or when I connect through my cellphone with LTE I do not have any issues with playback.

Edited by Longrifle

jscoys

I have only noticed backward jumps when I have a weak internet connection, I thought it was a type of buffering.. when I connect at home or when I connect through my cellphone with LTE I do not have any issues with playback.

Thx for your testimony. However this problem will be totally over with the libmpv Luke is implementing into the iOS app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thought you might like to know the testers are able to play their downloaded videos now. So this will be in the next release of the app.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
tocks

Thought you might like to know the testers are able to play their downloaded videos now. So this will be in the next release of the app.

its a very good news @@Luke.

Any date of public release ?

ajwiesner

Too bad this topic was essentially ignored for months. In that time I’ve paid for a Plex lifetime pass. I like Emby better but the lack of mobile sync and total failure to even address it convinced me to go with your competitor. I’m not the only one.

gleep52

Months?  This thread was started on Feb 24th of 2016!  I paid for lifetime before I fully understood the terminology of sync they used wasn't anything like syncing offline content like Plex was.  I only found out the hard way when I tried to sync some movies a couple days before a long vacation in the car... back to plex we went.  I still use Emby for a few things, but Plex seems to be more polished... Emby has better 4K playback though, at least to Apple TV devices... our nVidia Shield TV can do either plex or emby for 4K playback.  so we try to use emby for everything, but the kids use plex on their iPads - the playback controls in plex are way better and easier for fingers IMHO.  The huge play/pause button is crucial, esp when traveling in a bumpy car.

hstamas

Too bad this topic was essentially ignored for months. In that time I’ve paid for a Plex lifetime pass. I like Emby better but the lack of mobile sync and total failure to even address it convinced me to go with your competitor. I’m not the only one.

Im not trying to be wise when I say this but trust me if your are frustrated here your not going to like the way feature requests or responses to issues are handled over on the Plex side believe you me. Unless its another user who can solve an issue your basically dead in the water over there in my experience. At the very least here you know that Luke and his team have seen your request or issues and its on their mind. Yes not every single feature here mirrors what Plex has to offer but at least here you don't feel like your talking to a brick wall.

Edited by hstamas

gleep52

I've had some good support with plex, and the community on the plex forums have almost always solved my problems.  I do enjoy the TV guide listing options in Emby more - so we use Emby for recorded TV right now.  Overall I find Plex transcodes better (ios) but Emby direct plays better.  

• 4 weeks later...
tchirou

Hi @@Luke

I have sent you a pm about joining the beta program for iOS (I have emby premiere)

I hope you will see this message here

Thanks

tchirou

Hi guys

Just to let you know I have played with sync with my iPhone for the past 2 hours and it is quite nice so far.

mini__me

The transfer percentage status doesn’t appear to work. At first I thought it wasn’t transferring, then decided to just leave it and a programme did appear eventually.